Recent Experiences With Arcena Apartelle

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Would anyone have any recent experience with this place?

The below thread is over a year old.

My novia is going over there to take a look tomorrow (5/26)

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/11972-apartelle-de-arcenas/

http://www.apartelledearcenas.com/

SNIXX
Posted
Posted

I should offer more depth of response but I am busy now and I wanted to give you some kind of reply.

They overprice the utilities but overall monthly cost (rent+utilities) is a still competitive.

By Filipino standards you can do far worse. Clean, gated, friendly staff, relatively quiet, quality foam bed, hot shower, air con.

I have some legitimate issues with my stay that I will not post here but the bottom line IMO: Fair Value.

• Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

I should offer more depth of response but I am busy now and I wanted to give you some kind of reply.

They overprice the utilities but overall monthly cost (rent+utilities) is a still competitive.

By Filipino standards you can do far worse. Clean, gated, friendly staff, relatively quiet, quality foam bed, hot shower, air con.

I have some legitimate issues with my stay that I will not post here but the bottom line IMO: Fair Value.

Well.... thanks SNIXX and come back when you have the time for a more detailed critique please.

• 4 weeks later...
SNIXX
Posted
Posted

My last monthly invoice was only for 3 weeks. I left before week four to catch my flight.

The electric bill  was  7000p. for three weeks of use.

I even purchased an electric fan for 950p  to reduce my air con use. I would say I was moderate and prudent with electricity. No realistic reason for 7000p; I know of.

Estimate:

2 hours TV total 3 weeks

1 air con in bedroom used 2 out of 3 nights for 3 weeks

same air con during day a few hours here and there but not on regular basis

computer, phones,etc plugged in to charge

1 40w Fan Daily Use

Cold Showers Virtually All The Time

Refrigerator On 24/7, of course

Lighting was power saver bulbs

+++ Lets even say I forgot a minor detail or two...7000p 3 weeks?+++

If the power company had an unannounced 200-300% price increase in one month then I stand corrected about the outrageous charge,

They did not even pro rate the gas. It was 850p for three weeks when that was the monthly fee.

Water was 550p.

The place is really nice. The staff was relaxed, the place clean, nothing stolen.

I'm suspicious they use the utilities as a profit center.

Otherwise the place was a gem by Philippines standards. 

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I'm suspicious they use the utilities as a profit center.

Either that or they made a serious mistake in calculating usage, did you ask? 550 for water is also extremely high.

• Like 1

SNIXX
Posted
Posted

I am speculating that is their business plan.

It looks more attractive to offer a room for 20k and just charge like crazy for utilities then to offer a room for 25k and make the utilities a fair price. 

It's a nice place but the point I'd like to convey is: "you all were warned about potential billing issues regarding utilities".

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Lou49
Posted
Posted

I stayed at Arcenas for almost a year. Very decent place.The only complaint I had were the roosters owned by the squatters living down the road.