Bantayan Island Resorts

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Hello again.....

I am pondering a side trip to this island for a 2 or 3 night stay, leaving from Cebu City in either late July or August this year.

Would anyone have any first hand experiences on resorts there?

Sandy beach front.

On premises restaurant/bar.

AirCon cottages or rooms.

Under 2000p per night.

Motorbike rentals near by.

This would be the basics wanted/desired.

I have looked through Agoda and see many that might fill the bill.

As always......first hand (or even second hand) information is invaluable.

Saludos

ForADay
Posted
Posted

with motorcycle rentals when I was there the tourist rate was 300 pesos for 24 hours. The rate can be as low as 150 pesos if you ask around and haggle.

dalidali
Posted
Posted

with motorcycle rentals when I was there the tourist rate was 300 pesos for 24 hours. The rate can be as low as 150 pesos if you ask around and haggle.

Any comments on the accommodations while you were there?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I only went once about 3 years ago and stayed at the St Bernard Beach Resort. It was nice but it's on the south of the pier where the beach isn't too good, it's mainly a fishing area but less then 10 min to the good beach by bike. The resorts on the other side are a little more expensive. I would stay there again. Take cash, there was only 1 ATM on the whole island at that time and it was a long way from the resorts and more often then not offline, out of money, or insanely long lines. I think I remember reading they put another in Santa Fe but not sure.

• Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

I only went once about 3 years ago and stayed at the St Bernard Beach Resort. It was nice but it's on the south of the pier where the beach isn't too good, it's mainly a fishing area but less then 10 min to the good beach by bike. The resorts on the other side are a little more expensive. I would stay there again. Take cash, there was only 1 ATM on the whole island at that time and it was a long way from the resorts and more often then not offline, out of money, or insanely long lines. I think I remember reading they put another in Santa Fe but not sure.

Thanks Mike......can you please help me with where the "other side" would be?....

Looking at Google maps, it appears that the pier would be on the very southern portion of the island and if one were walking off the pier and turned left, you would be going further south.......towards the town center.

Which way would those "other side" resorts be?...

I just don't trust the locations on the maps provided by Agoda and I am becoming increasing wary of locations on Google maps also.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

All the resorts are on the southern part of the island. If you turn left from the pier toward the town of santa fe the better beach is there. I was only there once and the place I stayed was right from the pier. Sorry I'm typing on a phone.

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Ok gotcha Mike and thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...
Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

jpbago
Posted
Posted
I am pondering a side trip to this island for a 2 or 3 night stay, leaving from Cebu City in either late July or August this year.

How would you get there? Looks good. I would like to do the same.

dalidali
Posted
Posted

How would you get there? Looks good. I would like to do the same.

Some manner of road transport from Cebu City.....most likely a bus...along the highway that runs to the northern reaches of Cebu Island.

Take the ferry from the San Remigio port to Bantayan Island.

Reverse that route on the way back.

Maybe a trike ride or a jeep ride somewhere as necessary.

Google maps will give you a good idea of where the roads run.

Have a great time!!