Best Places To Retire 2013

Thomas
Posted
Posted
As for the vast difference in my retirement income, whilst interest rates are 4% then my income will be in the region of 56000 peso a month, however should interest rates go up to say 10% (they were once 18%) then my income will be in the region of 140,000 peso a month.
Are you talking about interests in Phils or Australia?

/In Sweden interests are around 3 % and seem to drop even more. Last period it was DEflation (=opposite to inflation). I suppouse the situation in similar in Australia.

/Phils have crazy interests for the 5-6 loans, common among the poor, but the bank interests are around 10 % and seem to become lower.

The "kano" economy is in crisis, so the interest in our home countries will probably not became high anymore.

BUT SE Asia economy is growing, so it's a good chance to earn at the stock market there.

(I did read an economic news article a few days ago. There they compared the Chinese and the American economy. 1995 - 2005.

The American economy had DROPT 10 %

while the Chinese economy had gone UP 2.5 times in that short time!

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Hi Thomas,

I was talking about Australia, you can obtain bank interest rates of just over 4% on cash deposits, Mortgage rates range from about 4.7% up to just over 5.25% or there abouts.  Personl Loans are about 8% and credit card rates approach 22 to 23%.  Australia is experiencing growth but very minor.  We were fortunate in the financial global crisis and it would be safe to say that China has a big impact on how our economy performs.  Even with China's downturn in growth it's still about 7.5% which is quite good compared to other countries economies.   Superannuation Funds are achieving returns greater than 10% at the moment so it makes more sense to leave your money with the super funds than to leave it in the bank.  So when I was doing my calculation I was being conservative.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I see.

(Sweden have managed better too than the others in European union (plus USA) partly depending of we have stayed out of Euro, so we haven't needed to pay the mess e g Greece have made   :)