Who Is Scamming Who?

Jake
Posted
Posted

First of all, I never visited these so called dating sites because I was quite happy doing it the old school way back

in the early 1980's.

These days you have real time conversation with enticing photos to get your MoJo going.  It's like purchasing a new

car on line, without kicking the tires or test drive.  Hell, you can't even do a smell test but you're hooked anyway and

they know it.  You have instant gratification and often times, on some of these sites you can even playsure yourself

live and on camera -- again, you're hooked and they know it.  So off you go, drop a couple thousand for airfare,

wine and dine, slam bam-thank-you-Ma'am for a short time and then matrimony?  In some cases, the issue is who is

more foolish?  The horndog foreigner or a Filipina marrying a sexual deviant? 

I will state right here and now that not ALL dating sites are like that.  There are many heartwarming stories among my

fellow members of their wonderful love stories - they are truly inspirational.  I must reiterate however that this business

of internet dating is a two way street.  I referring to my comments about who is scamming who on a previous thread

that has been locked recently (thank you BossMan).

As you may know many foreigners, including other Asians arrive to the Philippines with hidden baggage.  For example,

the crew of loveboats, tankers and cargo ships are manned by many Filipinos.  They come home to their primary family,

as they temporarily leave their secret family behind located elsewhere.  It is an open secret that every sailor or seaman

has a girlfriend in every port, especially the Filipino with his ingenious device call the Filipino bolita:

http://askthepinoy.blogspot.com/2010/12/do-penile-implants-bolitas-work.html).  Hopefully, you will have a better understanding about where I'm going with this:

Who is scamming who?  I have no idea how to fix this.  I'm sure when it all started, the Filipina fell victim of the master

scammers.  Finally in the 21st century, the Filipina learned her lessons well and now applying every trick in the book.

It's Mo Pun in da Pill-lip-peens

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
as they temporarily leave their secret family behind located elsewhere. It is an open secret that every sailor or seaman has a girlfriend in every port, especially the Filipino with his ingenious device call the Filipino bolita

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, this is a major reason of the increase in HIV in the Philippines......

As for the dating sites... they have transformed themselves to meet the market changes. While Cherry Blossoms used to push relationships and marriage... you rarely hear about them today or see their ads. Filipina Heart changed its name to Filipina Cupid and started a bikini photo page and put a woman dressed in leather on their home page..... things go down hill from there to the sex vacation hook up sites where the girls do not even make an attempt to ask about a relationship.  

The acutal scamming is wide spread depending on how you define 'scamming'. But using some common sense, yop can figure it out and by pass most of the scammers......

And while some forum members do not like the term 'creative lying'.... just hold off on telling the woman on the other end of skype about your pension(s) or net worth or cars or investments.......

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

Genius
Posted
Posted

I ve come round to the opinion that the scamming is equally bad on both sides.

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I think it's really a case of "caveat emptor" or "let the buyer beware" by both parties.  There are many genuine people of both sexes on most of the sites and as I said in my post on the subject I found CB to be the best.  Even though Arlyn and I have ended our relationship it had nothing to do with any dishonesty on either side; more to do with the fact she wants a gaggle of kids and I don't so we parted ways on good terms and remain friends.  As saddening as the end of the relationship was there were many positives to come out of it and we still maintain many mutual friendships on both sides.  In the meantime, I've met someone else, I've been there once, she's been here once since we met on CB (surprisingly easy to obtain her a tourist visa after we'd met and had proof of a relationship).  I've found if you approach these things with openness, honesty and of course, a suitable level of caution without paranoia it will 8 times out of 10 be returned in kind... Or maybe I've just been lucky.   Either way I'm still moving there in September, with or without  a lady; it's always been about the lifestyle and affordability more than anything else for me, a relationship is just gravy. 

The new lady is from a small town about 2 hours north of Dumaguete on Southern Negros - beautiful area incidentally, I'd never been there before or even considered it as an option until now - and we're taking it slowly.  

Anyway guys, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not all doom and gloom on the sites; just be careful. 

Hmmm, should change my avatar pic before the new lady tracks down this site :)

PS I don't own goats anymore :(

• Like 5

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Hey Shipmate,

Scamming relationships in the Phils,  have been ongoing long before the internet.

I happen to know a few Fil-AM that have gotten scammed.  :no:

And another thing what's wrong being a sailor. wine, woman, song, with dancing

and romancing. I have plenty of sea stories :nudie:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Shipmate,

Scamming relationships in the Phils,  have been ongoing long before the internet.

Hey Joe,

Plenty of sea stories?  Perhaps you can enlighten us on the use of the Filipino Bolitas.  Some of your

Filipino shipmates must have some wild sea stories to tell.  But don't forget this is a PG rating topic

because you don't want to violate my virgin ears, OK?

I suppose even when men were made of steel on wooden sailing vessels, the famous scammers

lured the sailors onto the rocks.  They were called mermaids.....he, he.   

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I did meet a few DIA girls on my last vacation over here, in Cebu.  There was no scamming on either part... It was all out in the open.  I was looking for fun only and they were looking for cash or gifts.  Everyone got what they wanted.  And fun was had by all

.... or at least fun was had by me and faked by them? 

Dear King Tuka Ram,

Pray tell.....please explain what was faked by them.....he, he.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I think it's really a case of "caveat emptor" or "let the buyer beware" by both parties.  There are many genuine people of both sexes on most of the sites and as I said in my post on the subject I found CB to be the best.  Even though Arlyn and I have ended our relationship it had nothing to do with any dishonesty on either side; more to do with the fact she wants a gaggle of kids and I don't so we parted ways on good terms and remain friends.  As saddening as the end of the relationship was there were many positives to come out of it and we still maintain many mutual friendships on both sides.  In the meantime, I've met someone else, I've been there once, she's been here once since we met on CB (surprisingly easy to obtain her a tourist visa after we'd met and had proof of a relationship).  I've found if you approach these things with openness, honesty and of course, a suitable level of caution without paranoia it will 8 times out of 10 be returned in kind... Or maybe I've just been lucky.   Either way I'm still moving there in September, with or without  a lady; it's always been about the lifestyle and affordability more than anything else for me, a relationship is just gravy. 

The new lady is from a small town about 2 hours north of Dumaguete on Southern Negros - beautiful area incidentally, I'd never been there before or even considered it as an option until now - and we're taking it slowly.  

Anyway guys, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not all doom and gloom on the sites; just be careful. 

Hmmm, should change my avatar pic before the new lady tracks down this site :)

PS I don't own goats anymore :(

Either way I'm still moving there in September, with or without  a lady; it's always been about the lifestyle and affordability more

than anything else for me, a relationship is just gravy.    

Hey Senior Chief,

In spite of your situation, you have turned it around and maintained a friendly relationship.  Nothing like putting

everything on the table before the relationship gets too serious.  I especially love your statement revealing your

life in general and you don't sweat the small chit.  Carry on shipmate!

Respectfully -- Jake

PS -- your goats were delivered to the place where terrorists are waiting for their 70 virgins.  I didn't tell them

they are slightly used -- they are only virgins in the ear.....he, he.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hey Shipmate,

Hey Joe,

Plenty of sea stories?  Perhaps you can enlighten us on the use of the Filipino Bolitas.  Some of your

Filipino shipmates must have some wild sea stories to tell.  But don't forget this is a PG rating topic

because you don't want to violate my virgin ears, OK?

I suppose even when men were made of steel on wooden sailing vessels, the famous scammers

lured the sailors onto the rocks.  They were called mermaids.....he, he.   

Sirens mate, not mermaids ;)

My poor goats!!!  Knew I shoulda bought pigs!!

• Like 2