Tourist Numbers , 2 Million!

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Oh. More tourists, when it's to many people for my taste in the Philippines already  :boohoo:   :)

But luckily for me almost all tourist go to places I don't like to go to anyway - because there are tourists there  :lol:

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Last week, I was delayed for 2 hours from leaving Manila due to air traffic congestion and that is with 5 million tourists. If that is to double in 2 years with no changes to the airports, the tourists will only come once.

I was reading that Thailand has approximately a 50% return rate for tourists, while only 5% return to Vietnam, mainly because of the harassment of aggressive vendors on tourists, scams, and crime. So many complaints about souvenir vendors and shops there. Apparently they are very nasty. I couldn't find any return figures for the Philippines but I don't think they would be very high. Getting NAIA out of the "worst airport in the world" discussion would be a big first step. 

• Like 4

jon1
Posted
Posted

Emirates and Qatar Airways have opened up regular flights into Clark. That is now my preferred entrance into country. I avoid the whole Manila quagmire altogether. I am sure that those flights will help boost numbers to a degree. Clark appears under utilized to me. They have opened up the brand new concourses upstairs and revamped the check in area.

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Is there any info on how many were robbed? As we all know "It's more fun in the Philippines"