Puerto Galera, White Beach

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Genius, would love to know how the holiday went?

Lenly's have some great deals if you are staying for 1, 2 or 3 months at a time, I believe we stayed in one Nipa Hut for about 15,000 for a month! That might be because we went often and stayed for weeks at a time though. We had our Blue Bottle delivered to our Nipa Hut, and the fish selection brought to our door every morning, direct from the boat!

The cost of the Nipa Huts depends on how long your are staying and which one you are in, but as I recall once we got there and there was no room, so we took the smallest with bamboo floors etc. and it was only 700 pesos a night, I liked it so much we stayed there the entire time instead of moving to one of the larger ones when it came available.

Tamaraw, on Aninuan, was more expensive, but more secluded and no noise, had A/C and was very private, great food and great service, and the cost was less than 2,000 per night, with a view of the ocean and a balcony, dinner on the beach, service etc. etc.

Great place to go if you don't want all the "Disneyland" affect and want some incredible views.

I will post some pictures in the gallery of White Beach and the area including a day trip to Tamaraw Falls.

Papa Carl

• Like 5

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I posted this in another thread but have copied it here for those that are interested.

Like I said in a previous post, Aninuan Beach is the place to go. Just walk along the beach at White Beach, heading west, past the pizza place, over the rocks and .... there it is, private and not expensive compared to Boracay etc.

They have a shuttle to PG if you want some night life and clubs, and then come home!

Here is their link.

http://www.aninuanbeach.com/sunset/

Papa Carl

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Genius, would love to know how the holiday went?

Lenly's have some great deals if you are staying for 1, 2 or 3 months at a time, I believe we stayed in one Nipa Hut for about 15,000 for a month! That might be because we went often and stayed for weeks at a time though. We had our Blue Bottle delivered to our Nipa Hut, and the fish selection brought to our door every morning, direct from the boat!

The cost of the Nipa Huts depends on how long your are staying and which one you are in, but as I recall once we got there and there was no room, so we took the smallest with bamboo floors etc. and it was only 700 pesos a night, I liked it so much we stayed there the entire time instead of moving to one of the larger ones when it came available.

Tamaraw, on Aninuan, was more expensive, but more secluded and no noise, had A/C and was very private, great food and great service, and the cost was less than 2,000 per night, with a view of the ocean and a balcony, dinner on the beach, service etc. etc.

Great place to go if you don't want all the "Disneyland" affect and want some incredible views.

I will post some pictures in the gallery of White Beach and the area including a day trip to Tamaraw Falls.

Papa Carl

From the blizzards of northern Canada to the bare foot, easy going lifestyle of a typical beach bum ---

you certainly received a well earned blessing for a second life.  A life full of happiness within a warm

and loving family.

Well done, my friend -- Jake

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

This is also the other resort not far from Aninuan Suset Resort, and you will find their prices a little less, the place is not quite as nice, but the privacy makes it all worth it.

http://www.tamarawbeachresort.com/roomrates.php

Don't forget these both are just a 10 minute walk along the beach at White Beach, so not far and you will see by the maps, that it is also not very far from PG, Sabang, so you can spend the day in PG, Sabang, and then go back for the night.

Papa Carl

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Almost forgot, a link to images of Tamaraw Falls, which is about 30 minute drive from White Beach, and there are many small People Carriers around you can hire to take you up there if you have a larger group. You can also hire a Jeepney for the day, providing you feed the driver and supply the beer!

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=tamaraw+falls&rlz=1C1RNNN_enPH371PH404&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LKpHUqLPHfCeiAfnrYD4Cg&ved=0CC0QsAQ

Papa Carl

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

This is also the other resort not far from Aninuan Suset Resort, and you will find their prices a little less, the place is not quite as nice, but the privacy makes it all worth it.

http://www.tamarawbeachresort.com/roomrates.php

Don't forget these both are just a 10 minute walk along the beach at White Beach, so not far and you will see by the maps, that it is also not very far from PG, Sabang, so you can spend the day in PG, Sabang, and then go back for the night.

Papa Carl

This is where we stayed about 6 years ago. Prices are about the same. Bought food and cooked out on the beach, very nice. 

• Like 1

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

Travel between Sabang and the rest of PG has been a problem while they rebuild the road recently.  Not sure if it is open again properly yet.  Other than for motorbikes.

• Like 1