post-1-0-64036200-1374578335_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-42843000-1374578342_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-40850200-1374578332_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Markham
Posted
Posted

That's good news!

I do note, however, an oddity. Under this new regime, the first extension to be applied for will be for 38 days - the same as before - and subsequent extensions are for 1, 2 or 6 months.

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Good news makes it a bit easier for all

Genius
Posted
Posted

Very good news

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Hmm.... I wonder about getting a 38 day extension after the initial 30 day free tourist visa.

A 38 day extension to take your initial stay from 21 days to 60 days no longer makes sense when your initial free visa is 30 days.

Maybe the 38 day extension will go away and at 30 days you can get a 1 month, 2 month, or 6 month.

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

Maybe that's what's holding up my extension, they can't make heads or tails of it. Well, in any case I have a receipt and the stamp in passport, I just wish they'd send me my ACR card.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hmm.... I wonder about getting a 38 day extension after the initial 30 day free tourist visa.

A 38 day extension to take your initial stay from 21 days to 60 days no longer makes sense when your initial free visa is 30 days.

Maybe the 38 day extension will go away and at 30 days you can get a 1 month, 2 month, or 6 month.

It says that the same extensions will apply so the first extension with the 30 days will still give you 59 days.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

It says that the same extensions will apply so the first extension with the 30 days will still give you 59 days.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/07/29/13/ph-extends-visa-free-privilege-30-days

BS-CBNnews.com

Posted at 07/29/2013 3:45 PM | Updated as of 07/29/2013 3:46 PM

MANILA – Nationals from 151 countries can spend more time in the Philippines

as the government extends the visa-free privilege for up to 30 days.

"This move will hopefully encourage more tourists and investors to visit and

stay in the Philippines by removing the need for them to report to immigration offices for a stay of up to a month

. It will also give them more flexibility in planning and managing their schedules," said Assistant Secretary Jaime Victor Ledda of the Office of Consular Affairs.

Beginning August 1, the previous period of 21 days will be extended to 30 days.

The initiative, a product of inter-agency coordination among the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA),

Department of Tourism (DOT), Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Immigration (BI)

and National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA), aims to facilitate the entry and stay of foreign nationals who plan to engage in tourism activities or explore the Philippines as an investment destination.

Qualified foreign nationals who intend to avail of the visa-free privilege

only need to present a national passport vaild for at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated stay and an onward iicket.

A list of the countries eligible for the visa-free privilege may be obtained from the DFA website at www.dfa.gov.ph

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted (edited)

post-1686-0-80078400-1375095659_thumb.jp

30 days on arrival ????

Landed after midnight today - got 21 days.

All new arrivals had to show outbound ticket, my outbound was for 25 August according to the new '30 days on arrival' visa. No comment or questions from the BI officer, but the stamp speaks for itself.

Was dead tired so I didn't check my stamp before this afternoon ..... :1 (103):

Edit: i see post above that they will start August 01, but I thought since OP, that it was from July 1.

sh&t happens...

Edited by CebuAndy