Best Eating In Sm City Mall?

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

Emergency!  I need to know which places are good for a nice sit down meal in SM Mall. 

NOT Mang Inasal, Jollybee or Greenwich as they are too crowded, especially on Friday night.

We are taking out a family that has a special needs child and would like something with good food, reasonable price and not overly crowded on a Friday eve.

Suggestions?  Anyone tried Jerry's Grill? :1 (103): or Sbarro?

Why @ SM Mall?  Just because, accept it. :10001:

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I would think that Gerrys Grill will be crowded on a Friday but the food is OK from my memory although I have only been to the Ayala branch. Although not an answer your looking for, I prefer Ayala for food. Why?, just accept it  :)

• Like 5

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Spice Fusion has the best food I've had at SM. I would recommend that, it's a little more expensive then the others you mentioned but not too bad. Service, on the other hand, could be typically awful. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I find Max's Restaurant on the third floor to best the best compromise on all the things you mention.  Its not my personal favorite but I don't mind it because its one of the few restaurants that filipinos and westerners can both find something to eat that they like.

If it was just foreigners I would go to Pizza hut or Shakeys or spend a little more and go to Rai Rai Ken for the sushi.  mmmmmmmm.  Lots of nice Japanese food there.

• Like 4

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the input guys.  I probably would have gone with Max's Restaurant.  The folks we were treating picked Jonie's.  It was not crowded, a little stuffy and smokey but had attentive service.  The food was good enough and the flames were impressive.  The dishes ordered showed up 1 at a time which makes it awkward to start, but it all went smooth.  Dinner for 5 adults and 1 child - P842.  That included a variety of pork, chicken and even calamari with a bottle of sprite to share.

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I find Max's Restaurant on the third floor to best the best compromise on all the things you mention.  Its not my personal favorite but I don't mind it because its one of the few restaurants that filipinos and westerners can both find something to eat that they like.

If it was just foreigners I would go to Pizza hut or Shakeys or spend a little more and go to Rai Rai Ken for the sushi.  mmmmmmmm.  Lots of nice Japanese food there.

Another vote for Max's. :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Julia
Posted
Posted

Another vote for Max's. :)

my favorite as well! :thumbsup:

- nice and quiet!

- love the food

-prices are affordable

-service is great

but I just tried the other places just for the sake of variety and depending on the group of people that I would be with

but if you are in the Philippines, and you will be with the kids - Jollibee is the best place to make them happy!

• Like 3

Dougbert
Posted
Posted

Cafe Laguna is good for local style food.  Maybe a bit more expensive than other places, though.  There's also one in Ayala.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Will
Posted
Posted

Cafe Laguna is good for local style food.  Maybe a bit more expensive than other places, though.  There's also one in Ayala.

Cafe laguna is a great place to eat.  For fast food, we recently ate at Bon Chon (sp?) and were really impressed. The fish and chips is pretty good. The Bulgogi is good, as well. They have a cole slaw/kimchi side order that is very good, too.

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

Kenny Rogers roasters.

They used to be here in US many years ago until they all closed up. so I was shocked when I saw one in SM or Ayala (I forget) but I really like that place! Needless to say I stuffed my face like I was going to the electric chair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1