brock
Posted
Posted

Try looking in  www.cebuclassifieds.com

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It was a topic about such a while ago. I believe it was in this forum  :)

(A foreigner asked for a foreigner type of camping boat, but Pinoys normaly make a totaly other type of boats. I don't remember if anyone knew any exception.)

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Norcem, a company from Norway use to manufacture power and sailboats at a plant in the Subic Bay Free Port Zone. The company is gone, but I heard a Philippine group retained the trained workers to build boats for the Hong Kong and Singapore markets. So there might be one under a different corporate name.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I tried the search words "Philippine Sailboat Builders" using Google. There are several manufacturing companies.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I thought alibaba was only for manufactorers, but I noticed some ads are second hand.

It didn't show any from the Philippines, but several from Asia7 countries, so I suppose no custom fee if you buy it there. You can sail it to RP  :)

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?IndexArea=product_en&SearchText=sailboat&c=CID12070301&atm=&f0=y&conti=SEA

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Thomas, don't assume no customs duty for used sailboats. You can, on a temporary basis, bring and use a sailboat in Philippine territorial waters. There is paperwork and possibly the posting of a bond to guarantee the sailboat's eventual departure.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas, don't assume no customs duty for used sailboats. You can, on a temporary basis, bring and use a sailboat in Philippine territorial waters. There is paperwork and possibly the posting of a bond to guarantee the sailboat's eventual departure.

Yes, but within Asia7 countries I suppose it's no/small custom fee anyway. For NEW ones too.

(I know it's rather common - but doubtful concerning legality - when foreigners want to bring their car, when they MOVE to Thailand, Thailand have high custom fees for such, some import their car to Malaysia instead and DRIVE it over the border to Thailand.)

spyke69
Posted
Posted

There is a boatyard in Gensan, they mainly make tuna boats...but can prob build anything you want?

They used to advertise in the cebupacific air in flight mag. A google search should find them....and its in the province so labour cost much cheaper if you dont mind plywood? there is a plywood mill in south mandanao that makes quality marine grade plywood. I using it in parts my new house

• Like 1