Area With Surfing Option

bc_hombre
Posted
Posted

davao interests me as a place i may like to relocate. i have always lived by the ocean and feel the most at home there. i still like to surf occasionally, but i cannot source info on this area. is there anything doable with waves close to davao? what about bohol or dumeguate? ideally i would like to settle near a major center that has accessable waves for when i have the urge. i am not talking cloud nine, but somewhere in the neighbourhood of 2.5 to 3.5 feet. thanks, K

• Like 2

chokemuay
Posted
Posted

interested as well, thanks!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not much wave action in Philippines but La Union seems to be popular.
I did a simple search here and found a few topics covering surfing.

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/13465-surfing-location-in-phili/?hl=surfing

• Like 2

chokemuay
Posted
Posted

here it is!  i just booked 6 days here in september, peak surfing season right now!

http://www.ivanhenares.com/2008/02/top-surfing-ares-in-philippines.html

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

have fun and let us know how it works out. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
bc_hombre
Posted
Posted

yeah, there are several good areas in the philippines i have found info on, but i am only interested in something close to davao. cloud nine, samal and general luna are not in the same hood.

• Like 1

Bucky
Posted
Posted

I found pagudpud to be good for surfing.Not a great place to live but awesome for a beach vacation!

• Like 1

bc_hombre
Posted
Posted

I found pagudpud to be good for surfing.Not a great place to live but awesome for a beach vacation!

saw a few fotos of te place. looks like a great place to live if you are wanting the beach life. what the heck is a 4th class municipality? meaning not much infrastructure?

• Like 1

Bucky
Posted
Posted

i dont know about that 4th class...But i will say that there is almost nothing up there but beautiful resorts.I guess the closet city is loag.

It looks like a decent place but still a good drive from those pagudpud beaches.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

i dont know about that 4th class...But i will say that there is almost nothing up there but beautiful resorts.I guess the closet city is loag.

It looks like a decent place but still a good drive from those pagudpud beaches.

Hey guys,

Using Google Maps, I zeroed in on the northernmost tip of my home island of Luzon.  I would love to join you guys,

just chillin' and playing out in the surf line.  I don't surf but love to body surf -- still have my Churchill fins.

Somewhat related to this OP of surfing, I've been sailing Hobie Cats 16 footer and had my share of working the

waves, as I fly one hull out of the water.  Later I switched over to windsurfing which is more portable and less $$.

I noticed the windmill farm at Benqui, just west of Pagudpud.  Looks like the winds are predominantly on shore

in that area, which is good for surfing.  

Anyway, any of you guys know of any winds that are predominantly side shore (parallel to the beach)?  It would be

an ideal conditions as the windsurfer dials in and powers through the oncoming soup and waves.  In case you guys

are interested, you can read my forum blogs about the art of sailing.  Like surfing, it is so addictive!

Da Kine -- Jake

post-686-0-00408100-1377447364_thumb.jpg

• Like 3