Cheap Desktop Computer Store Found In Cebu

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wonder if I would notice the difference in the RP, from what I hear the available bandwidth is going to negate having the best computer possible unless you pay a great deal for a business plan. Will I really be able to tell the difference between a nanosecond and a femtosecond when my service is only 500 kb/s? :)

Just checked my speed: 2.06 Mbps down and .62 Mbps up with a basic Globe Tattoo plan plus landline for 1299p.

Thanks, I have just under 50 mb/s here down and I don't worry about up. I plan to live in the boondocks and I will be fine with whatever. I presume that an internet café would have a fairly good bandwidth just in case I need to download or upload something massive. I used to be on broadcast internet supposed to get 250kb/s but I was actually getting 387kb/s and I did fine.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The internet cafe we use has a strict no downloading rule.  One of the others won't even let you upload from a jump drive (they disabled their USB ports).  But the internet at the house is pretty crappy - but good enough most of the time.  I stream Netflix movies using a VPN, and that is with a horrid connection

These computers look good for the price.  Yeah they may not be top of the line but most people here don't have a computer so this is a big step up.  And for what most people use them for, like surfing the net, these are all you need.  My gaming needs more ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Will I really be able to tell the difference between a nanosecond and a femtosecond when my service is only 500 kb/s? :)

Unless you have a nice Tektronix o'scope, you can easily see the difference between 10 to the negative 9 seconds

vs 10 to the negative 15 seconds (one billionth of a second vs one quadrillionth of a second).  By the way, one nano-

second describes the timing of one complete clock pulse from a one gigahertz CPU core.  

I must agree with you Robert K....what's the use of a very high end computer desktop while you're being choked by

the local internet speed?  Unless of course, you play most of the latest games off line.  In that case, I would probably

invest a small fortune in upgraded CPU and GPU coolers.  As well as protective devices such as surge protectors

and power converter-regulator.  

As for the good doctor Medic Mike, I can see his real motivation for his generosity.....he, he.  May I suggest that you

contact me at my Nigerian office for this exclusive offer to PEF members only:

post-686-0-82734500-1375846832_thumb.jpgWiper automatically activates when moisture is detected.

Dirty old Wanker -- Jake

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

UPDATE - the GF went and paid for the computer today. The shop is actually only about 2 km's from our place. She said they were very helpful. Delieved the system and set up within 2 hours of payment. What I was most impressed about was, there was no delivery charge....which is amazing...on account I have found some of these places tend to nickel and dime you to death.

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

UPDATE - the GF went and paid for the computer today. The shop is actually only about 2 km's from our place. She said they were very helpful. Delieved the system and set up within 2 hours of payment. What I was most impressed about was, there was no delivery charge....which is amazing...on account I have found some of these places tend to nickel and dime you to death.

No matter what the system specs were, excellent customer service is what really counts! Finding that quality is always a difficult task.

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

No matter what the system specs were, excellent customer service is what really counts! Finding that quality is always a difficult task.

Have been on the cam tonight, and it works great...hehe....at least on my end. GF said it worked very well.

• Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted (edited)
Am I reading that right.....only 367 US bucks (14,689 divided by 40)?

$341 as of this morning :thumbsup:, the $1=43.7563 php now. But still, you can't even find a used one for that price back anyway!

Edited by Daydreamer
  • Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
My gaming needs more ha ha

Same thing here! I need more bandwidth for my gaming, but then again I'm not able to get PLDT yet.why-me.gif

• Like 1