New Rule For Balikbayan Boxes?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I just found a place in Niagara Falls that has the boxes at $10 ea and shipping at $110 a box. I don't know if they have any deals or not yet.

OK, you and SJP52 both pay $10 for a box. Is this a shipper charge or a convenience charge from a 3rd party? I pay nothing for my boxes from either FOREX or LBC. The local guy drops off the boxes and then picked them up when called to come back the 1st time. Ever since then when he picks up my full boxes, he leaves empty boxes for me.

Also I used to use FOREX, but they seem to have delivery issues out on Samar / Leyte as they pay very little the local companies want more pay to deliver the boxes. LBC already has branch offices, so this eliminated that issue of a 3rd party making the final deliver to the door.

There are other places in Toronto that I can go to that don't charge for the boxes but, for me, that will be a bit more than a 2 hour drive and how much gas for the car? Plus I know that the shipping is done by a Canadian company that is known for its honesty.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
gapotwo
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just 6 days ago took delivery of my new stereo system. it came from Los Angeles via ATLAS balikbayan boxes, Components and Monster cables, plus accessories, took one giant box, the speakers (Klipsch La Scala II) , took 1 giant box EACH X 4, and stereo rack alone with tons of packing took 1 box. (all glass), i asked my sister that shipped it, and there was NO EXCESS PAPERWORK .the guy just marked it ,HOUSHOLD ITEMS. and it was here delivered to my doorstep in Olongapo in 34 days.  Now my friends, thats one spendy houshold items boxes, as the Harman-Kardon system plus the Klipsch speakers set me back $9,530 US. but worth evert penny listening to soft jazz. The SKY FM . here is great quality digital signal. :thumbsup:        tanks ej. :cheersty: 

Edited by gapotwo
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I just 6 days ago took delivery of my new stereo system. it came from Los Angeles via ATLAS balikbayan boxes, Components and Monster cables, plus accessories, took one giant box, the speakers (Klipsch La Scala II) , took 1 giant box EACH X 4, and stereo rack alone with tons of packing took 1 box. (all glass), i asked my sister that shipped it, and there was NO EXCESS PAPERWORK .the guy just marked it ,HOUSHOLD ITEMS. and it was here delivered to my doorstep in Olongapo in 34 days.  Now my friends, thats one spendy houshold items boxes, as the Harman-Kardon system plus the Klipsch speakers set me back $9,530 US. but worth evert penny listening to soft jazz. The SKY FM . here is great quality digital signal. :thumbsup:        tanks ej. :cheersty: 

With all that fire power... are you 'the neighbor from hell'?? :hystery:

34 days is great. 2 years ago when I was using FOREX, the Port of LA started a scanning project for every shipping container which delayed the process a week. I wonder if you got your boxes in 34 days, maybe the stopped the program? When they started the process, FOREX changed things for us east cost guys and started to ship out of the port of Virginia or Savannah which added travel time but was cheaper than paying the scanning fees charged by the port.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Some spend more on only cables, than I plan to buy a car for !   :lol:   

(Perhaps not fully true, but I plan to buy a cheap common car, so it look as a Pinoy coming.)

But it's true one of my friends spend more on cables than I spend on my whole stereo system, and I couldn't hear any difference (except on high tones, but I want to hear mainly base tones anyway  :)