Expat Questionnaire

Expats living in the Philippines questionnaire   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy to be interviewed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly
    • As long as there is no obligation to answer all questions
  2. 2. If you consented to an interview would you prefer

• An online questionnaire?
    • Face to face meeting?
    • Though means such as skype,yahoo messenger etc?
    • By phone?
    • Any of the above?
    • Undecided
  3. 3. If you choose Face to Face would you

• Prefer a home visit?
    • Meet at restaurant or coffee shop?
    • Bar or club
  4. 4. Would you consent to being photographed ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Supplied picture only
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Would you mind if your family or GF/Wife was interviewed

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • I have no problem but would be up to them
  6. 6. What would your preference be?

• Previewed questions to allow time to think of answers?
    • On the spot lay it on me baby?
    • Either way
  7. 7. Would you consent to your interview published online

• Yes
    • No
    • If you paid me for it
  8. 8. If you were approached at random in the street, would you answer questions?

9. 9. Do you find it interesting to read about other expats experiences?

10. 10. Would you participate in a videoed interview?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Howdy

Just abit of questionnaire for those living in the Philippines or intending too. As you can see by the questions it relates to interviews. Your answers can be viewed by all. :cheersty:  

Thought I better add, the type of questions that would be asked in interviews would be only about expat life and nothing too personal. This just to gauge if anyone would be interested in participating. This is not for the forum.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Oops.  Answered No to question 1 and thus did not answer questions 2 3 4 and got error:

"You must cast your vote in each question of the poll."

As it is not possible to give meaningful answered in this fashion I did not vote.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Oops.  Answered No to question 1 and thus did not answer questions 2 3 4 and got error:

"You must cast your vote in each question of the poll."

As it is not possible to give meaningful answered in this fashion I did not vote.

I think since the poll is not completed then you should be able to start again. 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Undecided concerning this:

Would you consent to your interview published online

It depends of what's published in the interview

=Can both location and photo be seen so the person can be recogniced and found by the data?

Then I have some doubts of security reasons, because I have noticed at least one ars...e (from an other forum, but behaving ok here so far) check this forum.

And I'm not so fond of suprice visits from nice people either, so I get time to dress first  :)     And of security reasons too, because I want to know when someone is expected, so I can expect it's a shady figuere if I notice anyone anytime else...

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I think it could be fun.  Can you give any details on who is doing it? Where it would be published? 

• Like 2

dalidali
Posted
Posted

I may be a bit paranoid, but when I am visiting or living in a foreign country, especially a so-called "third world" country and subject to the whims of uncertain political winds, which may or may not affect my stay and I have no rights for redress.....I prefer to just keep a low profile.

Put me down in the no column for Q # 1

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I may be a bit paranoid, but when I am visiting or living in a foreign country, especially a so-called "third world" country and subject to the whims of uncertain political winds, which may or may not affect my stay and I have no rights for redress.....I prefer to just keep a low profile.

Put me down in the no column for Q # 1

What about if you used a false name, we are not talking about full names and address here nor are we talking about political views. Perhaps I should have stated, it would be questions about why you decided to make the Philippines home. What would you consider the best thing about living in the Philippines. How do you view your life now you are an expat,,, those sort of things.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

=Can both location and photo be seen so the person can be recogniced and found by the data?

Then I have some doubts of security reasons, because I have noticed at least one ars...e (from an other forum, but behaving ok here so far) check this forum.

And I'm not so fond of suprice visits from nice people either, so I get time to dress first  :)     And of security reasons too, because I want to know when someone is expected, so I can expect it's a shady figuere if I notice anyone anytime else...

It would be by agreement of what you allow and what you don't. Why would you get surprise visits?

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It would be by agreement of what you allow and what you don't. Why would you get surprise visits?

Some people are bad at phoning first, but I try to teach them I don't want suprise visits.

I don't expect shady persons to tell me in andvance  :lol:   

that's why I want to make a difference between them.

I have got some threats from some idiots at Internet. I don't know them, so I have no idea how real the threats are and how patient they are concerning searching for persons, but I asume they are not patient enough if they only know I'm on one of the main islands  :mocking:

What about if you used a false name, we are not talking about full names and address here nor are we talking about political views. Perhaps I should have stated, it would be questions about why you decided to make the Philippines home. What would you consider the best thing about living in the Philippines. How do you view your life now you are an expat,,, those sort of things.

How about not telling either real name or nickname here, and only rough the location. (=A BIG city is rough enough, but not in a small place where everyone will know who I am  :)

Then I have no problem answering your questions.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I don't trust the media to report things accurately. All too often interviews are reported in a way that fits the agenda or spin the reporter wants, misrepresenting the actual views of the person being interviewed. I also don't trust them to honor their agreements.

• Like 1