Tamales

Will
Posted
Posted

If there is enough interest in Tamales, perhaps my wife could put on a cooking class and send you home with two dozen homemade Tamales for a small fee. We are fixing to attend a cooking class at a Hindu temple for making Chutney and other things, which is why I thought of it.

Jack, when are yall thinking about doing that? Some tamales sure sound good.

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Don't have a fixed date. If enough people, say two or three, are interested, we could do that. Start the day off with coffee and home made orange cranberry scones, then cook some tamales, then eat some tamales with refried beans, home made salsa and Mexican rice and guacamole and beer or soft drinks. We would need to stock pile some corn husks, so would need to know in advance.

• Like 2

Will
Posted
Posted

Let us know. Are yall still near Talisay? We've moved out close to Tabunok from Banilad.

Back where I worked in Houston, we had a Mexican lady come around on payday Friday mornings and sell pork and chicken tamales. Man, I would always get a dozen pork and some green homemade salsa and eat half the dozen with black coffee in my office, then the other half for lunch.

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Yep, we moved July 1, but just up the street from where we used to live. I hesitate to make a date, because it will probably conflict with what other people have available. I would guess that most of us are available any day, but just to be sure, lets make it for a Saturday. How about 9/21 at 9 am for coffee and home made scones, then we will make the tamales and have lunch. Our tamales are usually vegetarian, but if you have a preference, let me know in advance. I was thinking chicken would be easy to deal with but I am open. And if your planning to come, let me know if you want beer or if your good with pepsi, orange, seven-up which is the soft drinks we have available, or we could make some sun tea. Lunch will consist of homemade salsa, refried beans, Mexican rice and the tamales. Probably guacamole too if we can find some decent avocados.