My Ultimate Wet Dream

Jake
Posted
Posted

She's from New Zealand.  And when she is wet, I would give my left nut just to ride her.....he, he.

http://youtu.be/HzbZ53cSGPE

Currently racing against the defending America's Cup champion, Team USA in San Francisco Bay.

My money is on the Kiwi boat!

• Like 3

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

when i click on ur link i honestly thought i was of a hot woman , i should have known better lol hard to figure you out sometime uncle jake hahaha any way i can see how that could get u wet lol

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

She's from New Zealand.  And when she is wet, I would give my left nut just to ride her.....he, he.

http://youtu.be/HzbZ53cSGPE

Currently racing against the defending America's Cup champion, Team USA in San Francisco Bay.

My money is on the Kiwi boat!

I agree.  The Americans will have a long uphill battle considering the penalties that were levied against them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I know the sport of sailing is not always a cup of tea for everyone.  Unless of course, you're from New Zealand

or Australia glued to the tube watching this exciting race.  To my surprise, Team USA made an unbelievable 

come back from a deficit of 8 to 1.  Today it's all even after a minor fender bender at the start.  The warp speed

that these 72 foot catamarans can achieve on foils (at nearly 50 mph) is simply awesome!   

post-686-0-05139000-1380060948_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow should be the last race -- my money is still on the Kiwis!  

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

One of my dive buddies has been posting on facebook about the race constantly.  Honestly I have not clicked on any of his links because I did not they had boats this awesome!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey King Tuka Ram,

I know that you're a tin can sailor (Spruance class destroyer) that can make flank speed (32+knots) under full weapons load.  

The speed sensation and the amazement on how a 8,000 ton warship can slice through the water like a fast dolfin.  

Imagine a 6 ton catamaran doing over 40 knots on foils!  At that speed, things break and some of them capsize, with multi-

million dollar parts sinking to the bottom.  Early this summer, one of the Olympic gold medalist (in sailing) drowned -- couldn't

surface because he was entangled in the rigging.

As an onboard spectator, I would be chittin' down my shorts as the boat accelerates around the mark doing 40 knots.  The

thing of beauty is the whole movement around that mark was flying on both foils!  I wonder what the G force is on the body?  

It's like poetry in motion -- Jake

• Like 3

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

sounds like fun jake

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I remember for eons seeing this small hydrofoil crated up at the Fleet Diving Unit in Halifax. Then I got the story on it. Seems this one was the model for the full size unit Canada had built and sent out for trials. Even old Alex G. had his hand in on this as he was the one who designed it. Yeah, this was after his time playing with box kites and coming up with Canada's first airplane and also well after inventing the telephone. Anyways the full size model was super fast and could beat anything in water. As a bet (so the story goes), the captain raced a hurricane/airplane/carrier pigeon from Bermuda to Halifax and won. But they cracked all the spars and struts and no longer was she sea-worthy. The Brass D'or and the Baddeck I believe were the names.

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

can t you just imagine being involved in that adventure, i would of loved it, but i m crazy, and i d go on one like that even now.i f i had the chance but the only thing i d be good for is ballist lol

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

can t you just imagine being involved in that adventure, i would of loved it, but i m crazy, and i d go on one like that even now.i f i had the chance but the only thing i d be good for is ballist lol

I know that you have read my blogs about sailing a Hobie 16.  I may have clocked it on a good day around 22 knots

and I was hanging on for dear life.  On occasion I would dump it (flip over) due to sailing under the influence -- beer

and tequila.  Two liquids that can serve as anti-freeze during inclement weather conditions.  

I love the sport -- it's half swimming and half sailing.  But most of all, the speed sensation is very addictive and it's a

free ride off Mother Nature.  

post-686-0-72821500-1380501158_thumb.jpg

Sailing naked -- Jake

• Like 3