Cebu Is A Top Resort Destination In The Pacific

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Cebu is a top resort destination in the Pacific, highly praised by the world’s leading travel magazines and a popular choice among vacationers who prefer the experience of white sand beaches mixed with the conveniences of a modern lifestyle.
This island in the middle of the Philippines has its very own international airport and is the busiest shipping port in the country.

It offers all the ease of urban life, with its main metropolis, Cebu City, bustling with economic activity. The long history of trading in pre-colonial (pre-Spanish) times is another point of interest. The distinctly old culture of Cebu is evident in the island’s landscape, monuments and populace, who are an interesting mix of Malay, Chinese, Hindu and Spanish roots. Famous historic attractions include Magellan’s Cross, Basilica Minore del Santo Niño, Fort San Pedro, the Parian District and Casa Gorordo. These tourist spots speak of the rich and complex history of an island that has transformed from being a trading port in Southeast Asia to a Spanish colonial bastion to a modern and emerging 21st century destination.

Today Cebu is home to several spectacular 5-star resorts, large commercial shopping malls, comfortable city hotels and a bustling nightlife. Only thirty minutes to an hour away are marine sanctuaries and dive sites. It is also very near other exciting stopovers, surrounded by unspoiled satellite islands.

New business districts such as the Cebu Business Park and the IT Park are centers of BPO investment. Real estate development is nonstop. The population is enjoying its new wealth created by economic growth.

Travelers love Cebu’s energy and its friendly people. It is certainly the place to be for those who want to enjoy the best of both worlds—a booming city life with the beach only thirty minutes away.

• Like 4

brock
Posted
Posted

You wont find much about the Philippines in travel agents in the UK.

I was in a travel agents 2 days ago, I asked him why, His answer was because their is too much trouble going on in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

You wont find much about the Philippines in travel agents in the UK.

I was in a travel agents 2 days ago, I asked him why, His answer was because their is too much trouble going on in the Philippines.

was the same 9 years ago when I came here, I like the fact that its a secret. But obviously word is getting out.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've seen a lot worse than public urination but some people have delicate sensibilities and may be turned off by it. I know people have less choices about where to go but that does not mean it's not still a problem.

I doubt it occours much at the resorts but the original post included sightseeing, some of the sights in the city may be unwanted.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Please have them stop all that good publicity. I would like to spend time enjoying Cebu resort facilities at lower prices. Then I can brag how cheap everything is in the Philippines. 

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

I personally don't think people are looking at the Philippines as a holiday destination,

I think they get in contact with a Filipina one way or another and if she happens to come from Cebu, Then that is why  they visit.

It does not show up as a great holiday destination.

But that is my own personal opinion.

The Philippines is not a cheap holiday destination any more, Some things are cheap,Yes, But not as inexpensive as some people are led believe.

Lots of other countries are much cheaper to live.

After my first visit, I would never have come again if it wasn't for me meeting my Wife.

• Like 4

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

I totally agree with Brock

Will not write about Cebu, I do not like it so would be unfair backbiting a city that most of you live :)

We all (or almost all) live here so let's try to answer some questions so to define if Philippines is a tourist destination at all.

• How many of us have seen advertisements in Europe or US (I have no clue for Australia) showing Philippines as a family or a couples vacation destination, compared to Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and even Indonesia.
  • How many couples or families we have witnessed in resorts or so which did not come here due to a Filipino relative-friend or whatsoever relation.
  • The magnificent resorts have prices higher than in US or even Europe for the what they offer, 250$/night as a minimum for a twin occupancy room at Shangri-La Mactan and so on prices, is not a cheap destination!!! Neither the prices of drinks, meals, amenities come cheap either. For that money you can vacation at South Beach Miami.
  • The nice/acceptable resorts come on prices of 100-150$/night on twin occupancy which again is way too high. Compared to the what they offer, Shangri-La is cheaper!!!!
  • No matter where in this country, as soon as they go out of the lavish resort, the slam is awaiting and it is endless.
  • Other than few remote beaches all the rest are either polluted or ugly with all plastics and dirt everywhere.
  • Pristine beaches are few and far away from the civilization, Caribbean isles have way much more, cheaper, more accessible and with lavish resorts as well at half the price.
  • Cultural heritage and for the tourist to explore...sorry but if you see the ridiculous singing ladies at the cross of Magellan in Cebu as a cultural thing for tourists to see...then I will add the stinking dirty calesas which rip you off in price at Intramuros...Vigan? Batanes? rice terraces, Igorot etc? GO THERE, a hassle until you get and a total disappointment for what you have been through to go there and what you get to experience.
  • Nice malls? YES!!!! with prices higher than in the western world!!!!
  • Food? Not edible!!!! At least not for tourists!!! It is not accidental there is nowhere in the world Filipino restaurant in the same manner there is Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Greek, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai and even Mongolian restos...Despite the fact the world is full of Filipinos everywhere, their restos refer to the local Filipino community and ONLY.
  • So why should a travel agency advertise this country? Why should a tourist come here?
  1. For the joy of prostitutes who act as a normal girl and make you feel a romeo who got her heart and open legs due to your 60 or 70+ years of experience, your round wonderful belly which hardly fits in normal trousers and ofcourse your endless sex drive which make you a hidden bull.....but not for your wallet, see... they need some money and you give them, out of compassion.....LOL!!!!!
  2. Since your income is around 1000$ you can not go far at your own place with that, you think and you hear that you'll be a king here. there you go pack your backpack and your savings and move to paradise...a few if not one or two months after you are one of the main complainers in forums that Philippines is bad and Filipinas are the worst and so on
  3. Few cases of divers for some of the worlds best kept secrets on diving.
  4. Your company moved you here and so you came in but the immigration still includes you to the tourists numbers.
  5. You are Filipino with another passport so you are still count as a tourist to the numbers

Please enlighten me, I can be wrong. I wish I am wrong!!!!

• Like 5

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Jo you nailed it .

Cheap Booze , Cigs and Hot chicks  is the RP draw and value 

Tourist services LOL 

302515_273840165986895_185317919_n.jpg

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Looks like they can speak English... but spelling needs a bit of work!

I am fitting in with the incosnistencies here - even my attitude is inconsistent.   I love it here... but would not recommend it to anyone.

And there is no way the PI's will get tourist dollars from most Americans when Mexico and the Caribbean is so close, and well advertised.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

One must remember that the world is not just western. Many tourist come in from Korea, Japan, China etc so that is the biggest tourist market. All the negative stuff from expats is really a different matter as all over the world the tourist are shown the best places or come to see or do specific things whereas an expat just lives the daily grind.

• Like 4