Renewing Your Us Passport

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

I was wondering if you are able to renew your US Passport at the US Embassy in Manila ?

I'm going to keep my US citizenship and stay year by year on the Balikbayan Visa Stamp.

Just wanted to know if I had to go back to USA apply for renewal and wait for it to come in the mail. Thanks.. Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

You can renew it @ the embassy in Manila or the consulate in Cebu City.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

make sure that you get EXTRA PAGES ADDED(  pay extra for this) yet it maybe necessary  :thumbsup:

as the BI seems to enjoy "eating" :7_4_17[1]:    (using)  up the spaces you have

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I was wondering if you are able to renew your US Passport at the US Embassy in Manila ?

I'm going to keep my US citizenship and stay year by year on the Balikbayan Visa Stamp.

Just wanted to know if I had to go back to USA apply for renewal and wait for it to come in the mail. Thanks.. Anthony

Hello Anthony,

Use this link (US Embassy, Manila) to start your renewal.  Perhaps someone could tell you about getting

one locally in Cebu: http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/passports/renewal.html

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 2

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

That is great! I really thought I'd have to made a trip just for this. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hello Anthony,

Use this link (US Embassy, Manila) to start your renewal.  Perhaps someone could tell you about getting

one locally in Cebu: http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/passports/renewal.html

Respectfully -- Jake

Thanks for the link as I need to do this some time in the next year.  It appears you can do everything remotely except someone has to go and pay the fee.  Pain in the puwet to go all the way to MNL just to pay.  Maybe I can get Abby's sister to do it.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hi Anthony,

I still have a few years left on my US Passport but its good to know I can renew it here since I don't have any plans to ever return to the US. I did the Balikbayan for 3 years and then changed to Permanent Resident.

By the way I'm a Carcar resident too. Maybe see you around sometimes. If you and your wife would like to meet up with my wife and me just let us know. Always nice to have a few good friends.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Pain in the puwet

Taglish, but good phrase!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a friend from Scotland who is currently in the Philippines. A few days ago he realized that he had lost his Passport. He told me that lost Passports and renewals can no longer be done in Manila. Passports must be obtained from Hong Kong and since you can't fly Internationally without a Passport you must request a Passport through an agency. And, this applies to all of Asia. Hong Kong is the only place you can get  a lost Passport replaced or renew your Passport.  He gave a copy of his lost Passport to an agency in the city he is living in and paid them a fee.

He said this change was made last year. Does anyone know if its true?

The good news is his girlfriend found his Passport two days ago. She had put it in a box so it wouldn't get lost and forgot what she did. Now he has to go to the agency to see if they will refund his money and go to the Police Station to inform them that his Passport was found.

Edited to add this:

Government Websites are notorious for not being up to date so does anyone have recent first hand knowledge concerning this subject.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have a friend from Scotland who is currently in the Philippines. A few days ago he realized that he had lost his Passport. He told me that lost Passports and renewals can no longer be done in Manila. Passports must be obtained from Hong Kong and since you can't fly Internationally without a Passport you must request a Passport through an agency. And, this applies to all of Asia. Hong Kong is the only place you can get  a lost Passport replaced or renew your Passport.  He gave a copy of his lost Passport to an agency in the city he is living in and paid them a fee.

He said this change was made last year. Does anyone know if its true?

The good news is his girlfriend found his Passport two days ago. She had put it in a box so it wouldn't get lost and forgot what she did. Now he has to go to the agency to see if they will refund his money and go to the Police Station to inform them that his Passport was found.

Edited to add this:

Government Websites are notorious for not being up to date so does anyone have recent first hand knowledge concerning this subject.

According to the UK website it could be done by mail but that might differ if he was originally a Hong Kong resident.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

• Like 2