New Restaurant Scam?

the_whipster
Posted
Posted (edited)

the best place to try to pass off a high denomination fake bill as genuine money, is suckers on the street or a very busy upscale bar at a busy time when they are taking lots of real high denomination bills. The fake ones just might slip through. The last place would be any bank. Even a Filipino bank.

Edited by the_whipster

Jake
Posted
Posted

the best place to try to pass off a high denomination fake bill as genuine money, is suckers on the street or a very busy upscale bar at a busy time when they are taking lots of real high denomination bills. The fake ones just might slip through. The last place would be any bank. Even a Filipino bank.

I have added a disclaimer to your post:

DISCLAIMER: THIS FORUM DOES NOT CONDONE OR PROMOTE ANY SUCH ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.

• Like 1

the_whipster
Posted
Posted (edited)

foreign owned bars and restos also would probably be quite good places to pass off fake money, just as long as they did not have CCTV. Unlike in pinoy bars it is not so unusual for 1000s to be tendered. And also, the Filipino wait staff would probably not think, not in a million years, that a foreigner would ever try to spend a fake bill. And when it comes to identification, to them all kanos look the same :)

DISCLAIMER: THIS FORUM DOES NOT CONDONE OR PROMOTE ANY SUCH ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

Edited by Jake
added disclaimer statement

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

FILIPINO COP (walks into foreign owned bar, to barman) : Hey, I understand you took a fake 1000 peso bill from a customer here yesterday. What was he like?

WITNESS ; He was a kano.

COP : Really? What did he look like?

WITNESS : He was tall.

COP ; Really? How tall?

WITNESS : I don't know.

COP : Anything else?

WITNESS : He was a very nice man.

COP : I am not surprised to hear that. Conmen and fraudsters that pass fake 1000 bills over are always nice. It is part of their job, to be nice. Anything else?

WITNESS : He had blue eyes.

COP : Are you sure?

WITNESS : Yes! Kanos always have blue eyes, my boss sir John has blue eyes, and so does sir Jim, his friend.

COP : Not all kanos have blue eyes. Some of them eyes of other colors to blue. Like green or brown.

WITNESS : Is that true?

COP : Yes.

WITNESS : Then why does my 15 year old cousin want to marry a kano and have a blue eyed baby?

COP : Because she hasn't got a clue either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
the_whipster
Posted
Posted

as I said, the allegedly fake 1000 could only have come from one place. Trying to circulate 1000 peso notes using an ATM will always blow the operation straight away. As happened here someone will take it out and then try to spend it in a mall, where it will probably be rejected. All they will do is go straight back to the bank where they got it from, to complain. They will know that they could not possibly have got the 1000 bill, from anywhere else. Unlike if it was a 500, or 200.

people think that the most difficult part of counterfeiting is the actual printing of the money, but it isn't. It's the circulating it successfully and without being detected that is the most difficult thing.

brock
Posted
Posted
All they will do is go straight back to the bank where they got it from, to complain. They will know that they could not possibly have got the 1000 bill, from anywhere else

Money changers,,,,refund,,,payment....loan repaid  :hystery:

Lots of ways

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

of course there is more than one way to get a 1000 than by using an ATM, but not as many with 1000s as with other bills. Filipinos do not as a rule generally have all that many 1000 bills anyway do they. The few that they do have, they are going to be very likely to know exactly where they got them. If they are asked where they got the fake bill from they will likely say, the guy who bought my motorcycle/pig, the pawnshop, or an ATM straight away. They will not need to think about it too much.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I'm not a mod but once again I think we have wandered afield. In many resteraunts in the US there are two prices for the same meal, one being lunch and one being dinner, but they are on the same menue. I think we all know now to keep a menue through dinner or possibly take a picture of it with your phone, or you could stand around discussing it with the manager until someone else is seated and borrow one of their menues, this being probably what I would end up doing. :tiphat:

• Like 2