Medic Mike And The Eruf

brock
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike, Had a look on the site and it says that partial or complete loss of consciousness lay the person on their back ?

But after checking their airway, it doesnt say anything about laying them on their side in the recovery position.

is that right.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike, Had a look on the site and it says that partial or complete loss of consciousness lay the person on their back ?

But after checking their airway, it doesnt say anything about laying them on their side in the recovery position.

is that right.

Yes that is one of the things that needs to be changed on the website. If professional pre-hospital health providers are looking after you, then yes, place patient on back and airway will be managed in that position. However, for the lay person, they should be put in the recovery position while waiting for paramedics.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hey Mike

Just wondering how you fit in with the ERUF. Yes I see what you wrote but are you funded from Australia or from the Philippines? Who pays you to train the ERUF or do you do this out of your own pocket?

:tiphat:

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

They are my pet project . I pay everything out of my own pocket , and from money donated from fellow paramedics and friends from Australia and abroad.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

One dozen safety glasses will arrive Cebu late December. Will PM you details when I know.

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

One dozen safety glasses will arrive Cebu late December. Will PM you details when I know.

Thanks Dan!....I have not found any funds for Hi Vis Vests....lol....will probably end up buying them myself. However, I found a local Perth company that is going to give me the vests at cost, which will be about $15 AUD per vest. Next visit I am going to bring a selection of sizes so I can size my guys up.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

boots - small size 5 to 6.5 US sizes -   Are you sure about those small sizes?  Most Filipinos have large feet. I have seen teenage Filipinos with feet larger than my size 10.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

boots - small size 5 to 6.5 US sizes -   Are you sure about those small sizes?  Most Filipinos have large feet. I have seen teenage Filipinos with feet larger than my size 10.

Of course I am. These boots are for a couple of the female paramedics on staff.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dan!....I have not found any funds for Hi Vis Vests....lol....will probably end up buying them myself. However, I found a local Perth company that is going to give me the vests at cost, which will be about $15 AUD per vest. Next visit I am going to bring a selection of sizes so I can size my guys up.

Such a noble cause Medic Mike!  I've seen far too many ambulances being used for personal purposes.

I salute you for trying to bring in some high tech skills and materials for those that are dedicated to help

the injured citizens.  

On a side note, your noble cause apparently has some side benefits: female paramedics need to be

sized up too for proper fitting.....he, he.  

Double thumbs up, my friend -- Jake