Are Filipinos Picking Up Bad Habits From The West

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

There are many good things that Filipinos could learn from the West IMO but is Rap music, free love and drug binges of years gone by, some of them?

On-in-2
Posted
Posted
There are many good things that Filipinos could learn from the West IMO but is Rap music, free love and drug binges of years gone by, some of them?
In my opinion, free love is more good than bad, drug binges are mostly self-regulating, but rap music is a bane on humanity, correctly spelled with a leading C(rap).In my opinion, it's not music. It is hate speech with a back beat, mostly. There are some good performers in the venue, but in my opinion, its definitely a case where the bath water and the baby are equally odious.Pete of New Hampshire

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hmmmm, free loveDoe's that mean that barfines are on the way out :th_need_vac: :SugarwareZ-034:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hmmmm, free loveDoe's that mean that barfines are on the way out :D :559:
Yup, different strokes for different folk, but over the years I have met so many expats here in the Philippines that are getting all they want for free. :th_need_vac: IMO some of those expats could not get a horizontal with a lady, no less a gorgeous young lady, while they were back in their own countries and with a hand full of hundred dollar bills, because they are just average guys and some are butt arse ugly, :th_th7: yet here they find a great companion or lover, so why anyone has to pay for it here is beyond me and I would have thought those bars would have gone out of business a long time ago, or never would have gained a foot hold in the first place. SugarwareZ-004.gif Now, with that said, there is a place for those type of bars and for the guys who do not wish the waste the time to wine and dine a woman, or want a different woman every night and just do not wish to put in the effort to accomplish that, or guys who want two, three or more girls at one time. I say keep the bars and keep the free love, and lastly, guys should also respect the good ladies that do not wish to play those games and actually want to remain virgins until married. :SugarwareZ-034:

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
In my opinion, free love is more good than bad, drug binges are mostly self-regulating, but rap music is a bane on humanity, correctly spelled with a leading C(rap).In my opinion, it's not music. It is hate speech with a back beat, mostly. There are some good performers in the venue, but in my opinion, its definitely a case where the bath water and the baby are equally odious.Pete of New Hampshire
I remember my parents saying the same thing about Rock'n'Roll.Are we turning into our parents or just becoming "grumpy old men".I don't like or understand Rap but will defend the young persons right to abuse their ears as they see fit.Pete, are you, like me, another veterean of the days of free love?Orderly queuing is something I think should be imported into the Philippines.Paul

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I remember my parents saying the same thing about Rock'n'Roll.Are we turning into our parents or just becoming "grumpy old men".I don't like or understand Rap but will defend the young persons right to abuse their ears as they see fit.Pete, are you, like me, another veterean of the days of free love?Orderly queuing is something I think should be imported into the Philippines.Paul
Pete, are you, like me, another veterean of the days of free love?Orderly queuing is something I think should be imported into the Philippines.
:SugarwareZ-034: Do you mean theres pushing and shoving while in the queue for free love,the nerve of some people :th_need_vac:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I don't like or understand Rap but will defend the young persons right to abuse their ears as they see fit.And I agree ....... THEIR EARS ....... not mine ..... it seems that this new so called music or (CRAP) can't be played in a normal tone or volume ...... nope ... it has to be played so loud that the base actually thumps your chest ...... and to use profanity that would make a sailor blush is not something that little kids should be exposed to ....... but then I guess there has to be some way to make money when you aren't talented (you'll notice I didn't say singing) ....... hahahahaha

On-in-2
Posted
Posted
I don't think the comparison of rap and rock is valid. The ties to serious crime, gangsta' attire, misogyny, and the destruction of the language just weren't there in the birth and growth of rock.Yeah, there was some protest, and disparaging of authority, but kids have always rebelled like that against their parents.The rap thing is a new development, that I believe cheapens life and love.Hahaha...I don't know about you, but I'm haven't turned into anything like my parents. As far as 'grumpy old man'...I'm still working on it.Yes, the days of free love were _very_ good days for me. If I weren't so lucky to have my sweet Jocelyn in my life, I'd really be looking to try to recapture that spirit in the only place I know where its possible: CebuWhere, I agree, it would sure be nice to see a little less unfairness in the queuing arena!Best regards to both you and the lovely Jeunerocka.Pete of New Hampshire

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I don't think the comparison of rap and rock is valid. The ties to serious crime, gangsta' attire, misogyny, and the destruction of the language just weren't there in the birth and growth of rock.Yeah, there was some protest, and disparaging of authority, but kids have always rebelled like that against their parents.The rap thing is a new development, that I believe cheapens life and love.Hahaha...I don't know about you, but I'm haven't turned into anything like my parents. As far as 'grumpy old man'...I'm still working on it.Yes, the days of free love were _very_ good days for me. If I weren't so lucky to have my sweet Jocelyn in my life, I'd really be looking to try to recapture that spirit in the only place I know where its possible: CebuWhere, I agree, it would sure be nice to see a little less unfairness in the queuing arena!Best regards to both you and the lovely Jeunerocka.Pete of New Hampshire
"Our youth now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt forauthority; they show disrespect for elders and love to chatter inplaces of exercise. Children are tyrants, not the servants of thehousehold. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. Theycontradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up their foodand tyrannize their teachers." -- Socrates, 44 BC.Pete, I'm sorry to say that you have reached official old fart status. Rap music is just as shocking to you as the Beatles, hippies, and free love were to your parents and grandparents. I remember my Grandfather telling me I shouldn't listen to Janis Joplin because she was a whore with no values. Turns out he was mostly right, but I didn't listen to him.The Rock n Roll, the 60's, and Free Love that you recall so fondly completely changed American culture, I would argue it was changed significantly for the worse. However, you were all for the change so it didn't seem too bad to you. Now that the youth are destroying the culture you were raised in, its heinous music that's the root of the problem. Music is a reflection of what is already happening in society, not a driver or what happens.

Markham
Posted
Posted
Are we turning into our parents or just becoming "grumpy old men".
I'm definitely becoming a grumpy old man, as you well know!
Pete, are you, like me, another veterean of the days of free love?
Oh you means the days when you could go down the Mecca, see a beautiful girl, walk up to her and say "grab yer coat luv, you've pulled!"?
Orderly queuing is something I think should be imported into the Philippines.
Queuing is perfectly orderly here. If you're the only one queuing!