Coolest Places In Philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This article is 5 months old now but I only just noticed it.  It mentions the 11 coolest (literally) places to live in Philippines.  It is a long article so no cut and paste but if you are looking for a cooler climate, it may interest you to know that Davao City is in the list of the top 11.  Surprises me as it is closer to the equator.

http://travel.cnn.com/11-coolest-towns-philippines-352716

• Like 4

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Yes, I've seen this list ( I remember being particularly attracted to the sheep ) but I thought I'd seen

it on this forum. I'll be going to check out a few of those places in the ( hopefully ) not too distant future !

Handy to have this list again cos I'm buggered if I can remember where I saw it. Thanks Dave.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If you are thinking of the two here on Negros Occidental I hope you have a really good car with damn good brakes AND you don't mind living in the middle of no where with very little shopping or conveniences AND you don't mind having the local NPA stop by for lunch every now and again ..... they are both very pretty places to visit but as the old saying goes ..... I wouldn't want to live there ....  :mocking:  .... JMHO

:cheersty:

• Like 3

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

If you are thinking of the two here on Negros Occidental I hope you have a really good car with damn good brakes AND you don't mind living in the middle of no where with very little shopping or conveniences AND you don't mind having the local NPA stop by for lunch every now and again ..... they are both very pretty places to visit but as the old saying goes ..... I wouldn't want to live there ....  :mocking:  .... JMHO

Sheesh, what a grouch that Mike S............ :mocking:

• Like 3

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

anywhere up in the mountains is cooler especially in the evenings if your high enough. There is a good side to limited retail therapy...a healthier wallet

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We are visiting Baguio right now and I am loving the cool weather!  Abby is freezing all the time and I even wore a sweatshirt today.  I could see myself living here.  The main reasons I chose not to were the proximity to airports, and it rains a lot sometimes.  I might get over that at some point.

It is really nice to drive with the windows down and not end up all sweaty and sticky!  We went to Burnham Park today to go skating with the kids, and luckily we got the fun in before the rain started.  It is a signal one here but it doesn't look like we are going to get anything too severe.  It is raining steady now but not that hard.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
We are visiting Baguio right now and I am loving the cool weather!  Abby is freezing all the time and I even wore a sweatshirt today.  I could see myself living here.  The main reasons I chose not to were the proximity to airports, and it rains a lot sometimes.

The word Baguio means "typhoon" or "stormy" so do expect rain. 

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Sheesh, what a grouch that Mike S.........

Mike S is correct in pointing out there is more to selecting a location than just natural beauty or cool weather.

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted (edited)
Mike S is correct in pointing out there is more to selecting a location than just natural beauty or cool weather.

hehehe

I'm sure Mike will see my comment in the spirit it was intended  :hystery:

You don't have to defend the guy JJ. I admire the man and enjoy all his posts and I hope he knows that.

He talks a lot of sense, is down to earth and always worth listening to.

It's his asawa I feel sorry for, she sounds like a real peach and he doesn't deserve her. Maybe one day

she'll run away with me. :bash:

Edited by Classic Dry
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I'm sure Mike will see my comment in the spirit it was intended :hystery:

I do .... honestly I do .... now ... post-11-0-86424400-1383281171_thumb.png ..... post-11-0-88909000-1383281219_thumb.jpg ......... :mocking:

• Like 2