Foreigner Sized Clothing

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Finding clothes that fit me is a challenge here.  I really have not looked that much and for the most part I have still been using everything I brought.

Here in Subic Bay Freeport there are several stores that carry a few larger sizes, but it is hard to find good ones that fit.  I bought some khaki walking shorts at Pure Gold Duty Free and they were close to US prices, I think around $20.  Also, some of the shorts/pants here might fit in the waist, but the crotch/puwet area is too tight!  Filipinos must naturally have smaller puwets!

Today the girls went to the Olongapo City wet market and much to my delight, Abby came home with some shorts for me that are great!  There is a surplus store in there that they like and visit often, but they had never looked at the men's clothing.  I don't go to the wet market because of the dollar sign on my forehead!  A lot of the surplus clothes come from other Asian countries but the store said these came from the US.

She bought me 2 pair of Khaki walking shorts that are American sized and very good quality.  Made in Mexico and very similar to Docker's type quality.  They seem to be brand new but one has a tiny spot on the back, so they are probably seconds.  Asking price p80 each.  Final price p50 each.

She also bought 3 pairs of lightweight sports type shorts, with drawstrings and side pockets.  Again, good quality and seemingly new.  Asking price p30.  Final price p25 each.

I thought I would pass this along because you may have one of these surplus type stores near you.  For the size and prices, it is worth taking a look!

• Like 5

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Finding clothes that fit me is a challenge here

:AddEmoticons04230: Thanks so much for the post, :AddEmoticons04230:

it seems that some of us(over 36waist/5 ft 8in) are out of luck

if one looks carefully (hint hint=TREASURE HUNTing) one may find what he needs,

the UKAY/UKAY stores has some of these clothes but not all,

even the brand name Mall Stores dont always have the"big"man sizes.

consider trying the "Surplus Store", they may have the large size shorts,

i went to several.dont ask how many and findly found some pants that could fit

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I gave up and just have mine made now .... for shorts cost is p350 and p180 for material .... for shirts p150 and p180 for material .... paid p500 for cargo shorts in Cebu ...... works for me ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

That is a good deal and I would do that too if I can find a similar deal.

Part of my clothing problem is mental.  I brought quite a bit of clothing that I "grew out of" the past few years, thinking I will shrink back into them.   :hystery:  No need to buy clothes when I have so many now!

The shrinking hasn't happened!  I tried the Halo Halo diet and it does not seem to work.  It also does not help that the girls make me eat the rest of their food when we go out.  They eat like birds and I am the garbage disposal!

• Like 5

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Perhaps the other option would be to just lose some weight...only joking heheh. I find that the local shorts don't have any crotch or bum space. Sizes for the same size vary heaps. Luckily unlike Thailand, yo can at least try before you buy in the Philippines

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Perhaps the other option would be to just lose some weight...

I lose it, I find it, I lose it, I find it!   :)   I'm still looking for a bike so that should help when I get it.

Abby scored again today!  She found another shop with some similar US origin Khaki shorts, but this time both had some dirt spots on them.  Otherwise they appear new and hopefully the dirt / stains will come out.

Price?  P15 for both pair, p7.5 each!  For that much if they don't clean up we can use them for rags!

Abby thinks they can't get rid of the large sizes so they are willing to bargain heavily.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

That would be great for me but I bet they won't have my size half of the time... To give you an idea? 6 ft tall, waist is 38" and shoulders are now 52". I don't exercise to get bigger - I do walk crazy distances though. 20 to 30 kilometers at a time. Anyway, if I keep going like this, I am going to be 44" and 60" before long!

Sent by Gaseous Monkeys using tin cans, a very long string and Tapatalk...

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Perhaps the other option would be to just lose some weight...only joking heheh. I find that the local shorts don't have any crotch or bum space. Sizes for the same size vary heaps. Luckily unlike Thailand, yo can at least try before you buy in the Philippines

Yeah even if i find my waist size - the hips and crotch are too tight.  An American sized butt and d!@k don't fit in these Filipino sized clothes ha ha!   :tiphat:

The find a tailor option is starting to sound good....

• 2 weeks later...
Bucky
Posted
Posted

I am 5'11 250 pounds and I am able to find good USA size and quality clothes at any Dickie store in any mall.I just have to ask for Kano sizes and they bring it out from the back for me.Limited choice but good clothes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

"I gave up and just have mine made now"

Mike, may I ask who the tailor is?

Thanks.