Travelling By Bus Around Cebu Island

voodoo31
Posted
Posted

I've beento Cebu City before but next year planning to travelling around the island a bit more to Oslob and Moalboal etc. 

Has anyone travelled around by bus to these places and can comment on ease of use, comfort and convenience?

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Its easy as pie  take a taxi to south bus terminal , jump on a air con bus to your destination 

I always use air con buses because they only fill them until they are full and a lot have wi-fi now plus they play movies

The Garage to terminal mini vans are a good way to go also cost a little more but to go to moalboal I rented the whole back seat for around 10 bucks and got to lay down and sleep the whole trip.

Getting back is as easy buses run by ever 30 minutes at least 

the smaller no aircon buses suck because they fill them to the max and have tunes blasting so you will be stuffed in 

Try to travel in off peak times it makes for a much faster trip 

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

How are you fixed for insurance? :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

Stay away from "V Hire" they're an accident looking for a place to happen, ditto Sunrays, ditto.............errr, as I said , How are ya fixed for insurance?

Edited by Bundy
  • Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I agree with avoiding the private G-Ts and VHires, I've only taken them a couple of times but when I see the white vans on the highway I get out of their way as quickly as I can. I think you're safer in a bus; aircon Ceres or Sunray would be my choice. Good, cheap way to travel. 

• Like 3

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I travelled recently in a non air-conditioned bus (I won't say cheaper as the price difference is negligible)  from Argao to Cebu South Station and the driver was driving quite radically all the way. I noticed he had an effergy of Mary and a cross with what might be rosary beads(not sure as I'm not Catholic) and I had a feeling that perhaps his strong belief in God made him reckless. I reckon that every time he arrived safely he justified his recklessness via his belief.

That's what I felt anyway. Best to not worry about these things too much or it will spoil your travel experience. As they say, when your time is up....

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Back in the 90's, I had no choice but to get on a Victory Liner local mini bus back to Olongapo.  The air conditioning

came from the open sides.  You have to tuck your knees in, which makes your butt cheeks feel every bump on those

comfortable wooden benches.  

Sitting next to you is a little old lady selling sampaguita flowers or baluts or fish that smells like your butt crack.  At the

back of the bus is a piglet, screaming to the tunes of Proud Mary being blasted away by a 12 speaker system from an

8 track tape player.  

The local route is usually the farm or country road, rather than a direct route taken by an aircon bus.  Don't be surprise

to see the bus pull over for no apparent reason but you will figure it out, when your fellow passengers go out in the woods

and disappear for a few minutes.  No toilet paper -no problema -- banana leaves somehow has that lubricating properties.

I barely made it back to the almost departing bus - my knees were still all locked up.  Even the little old lady pass me with

a chit eatin' toothless grin......he, he. 

Thank god for cold San Magoo being sold on the bus by a 13 year old boy.  Es mo pun in da Pill-lip-peens!

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 4

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

Every time I'm there we use Ceres bus aircon.

It's not bad.. They are always showing movies from the 80's. And someone is always jumping on selling chicharon or ampao.

Never seen anyone sell Red Horse or San MIguel. Would also be nice to have a tanduay ice. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voodoo31
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info guys that's very helpful, I will try out the air con buses next trip

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My one and only experience on a bus resulted in getting a taxi from Cebu city to drive up and pick me up from the North tip of Cebu for the return back to the city. The trip on the bus is why my hair turned grey, I'm sure of it.  :cheersty:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

My theory is that the newer aircon buses cost a lot more so they put the better drivers in them. The ones with the wooden seats and dragons painted all over I would avoid.