Immigration @ Mactan Island - Gaisano Island Mall

JMEL
Posted
Posted

11am on a Wednesday? NO line! Zero other foreigners here. Sweet :)

• Like 1

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

i was there at 11:50 , same thing nobody else there .. 12 minutes by the clock and i was done and out...probably half of that was filling out the form

jpbago
Posted
Posted

11am on a Wednesday? NO line! Zero other foreigners here. Sweet :)

Did you get your ECC there?

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Sorry for late reply. Nope. They can not issue ECC. Have to go to main office

samatm
Posted
Posted

Love using that office... However i was a bit peeved  last month they went ahead and stuck me with a 1000 peso late fee even though my expiry date was the Day the office was closed for Typhoon Yolanda.  I rushed to the office the next Monday to avoid the fee changing my afternoon plans ...but alas was penalized.    In a similar situation last year.. the Mandaue office waived the fee.      I am thinking the Mactan office isn't making quota and squeeze all they can.   

brock
Posted
Posted
However i was a bit peeved  last month they went ahead and stuck me with a 1000 peso late fee

I thought the fine was only 500 per month

Americano
Posted
Posted

The big question is what can

Immigration @ Mactan Island - Gaisano Island Mall

do and what can't they do?????

Who wants to make a waisted trip????

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I was 1 day late renewing my visa last week and was charged a P1000 late fee. No excuses, I remembered the week before, just got busy and didn't remember again until I was a day late.

JMEL
Posted
Posted

The big question is what can Immigration @ Mactan Island - Gaisano Island Mall

do and what can't they do?????

Who wants to make a waisted trip????

I know they can do extensions and can not do ECC. May want to call if you need something else. Worth the trip for the lack of line. Note you can at least a week early without time penalty, where in other countries you have to do it same day or lose out. I didn't know this before. I asked because there are many signs in the office saying 'extend early.'

• Like 1

JMEL
Posted
Posted

FYI overstay can be a serious offense in any country. I didn't know that until I asked what the big deal is. It is considered a criminal offense. We should consider that, yup, Yolanda-type events happen, but in the cases where we are late by our own fault, a warning and small fee is better than jail, deportation, or barring. More than once or an extensive amount of time late causes them to question criminal intent. Bummer, but at least here we can renew a week (or more?) before the last day.