Taxi Modus Operandi (Yahoo News Article)

06charger
Posted
Posted

I will be flying into clark airport this tuesday. I need to get to olongapo so what would be the most cost efficient route? Im assuming I should get a bus. If this is so, how do I get to the bus station and how much should I expect to pay for a taxi?

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I will be flying into clark airport this tuesday. I need to get to olongapo so what would be the most cost efficient route? Im assuming I should get a bus. If this is so, how do I get to the bus station and how much should I expect to pay for a taxi?

The taxi rates to/from Clark are very expensive due to restrictions on who can operate in the free zone. No tricycles or jeepneys are allowed. Only taxis.

Just get a taxi and ask them to take you to the Dau bus terminal. There you will be able to choose from a number of different bus companies with routes to Olongapo.

You will need pesos for the taxi ride to the Dau bus terminal and for the bus ride to Olongapo.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
zxcvbn
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you're concerned about safety, I suggest using a booking app like Easy Taxi, Grab Taxi or Uber. It makes the trip safer, but of course won't guarantee your safety. You still have to be alert. Though I prefer using the apps than flagging down a random taxi because I get info like the driver's name and cell phone number, and it'll be way easier to file a complaint in case something happens.

Edited by MikeB
Removed ad links
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

If you're concerned about safety, I suggest using a booking app like Easy Taxi, Grab Taxi or Uber. It makes the trip safer, but of course won't guarantee your safety. You still have to be alert. Though I prefer using the apps than flagging down a random taxi because I get info like the driver's name and cell phone number, and it'll be way easier to file a complaint in case something happens.

those BOOKING APPS of what i learned(not all but 2 of them ) doesn't NOT operate outside of metro manila.

clark is not in metro manila therefore they would not be an effective means to get a taxi.

however should 1 have a few extra $ they can take a taxi,,

of what I heard the rate would be 2k pesos, again this is when i randomly asked a taxi(2 different ones) in manila (which the driver had taken a fare to clark/or the zambales  area)

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was asking a friend to hire a cab in Caloocan and come pick me up at Naia and they said that as soon as the cab drivers heard airport the price was 4k piso. sounds a little exhorbitant to me. I told her I wasn't flying into Clark and she said she knew. I told her not to worry about it, that I could get out of the airport and they could meet me somewhere and they said oh, that would be cheap, as long as it doesn't involve the airport. I don't think it was Kano tax, just regular cab drivers wanting to get airport cab price..... that have also done themselves out of a good tip for making my life easier. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I was asking a friend to hire a cab in Caloocan and come pick me up at Naia and they said that as soon as the cab drivers heard airport the price was 4k piso. sounds a little exhorbitant to me. I told her I wasn't flying into Clark and she said she knew. I told her not to worry about it, that I could get out of the airport and they could meet me somewhere and they said oh, that would be cheap, as long as it doesn't involve the airport. I don't think it was Kano tax, just regular cab drivers wanting to get airport cab price..... that have also done themselves out of a good tip for making my life easier. :thumbsup:

I can't confirm this right now (can't find the darn reference...  grrr) but the taxis that are not licensed for the airport have to pay a fee to meet a fare at the airport - unless they meet you off the airport grounds.  Anybody know about this?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

It would have to be a pretty stiff tariff to enter the airport for the ride to be 4k. I paid 4k from Quezon City to Batangas pier.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
I can't confirm this right now (can't find the darn reference... grrr) but the taxis that are not licensed for the airport have to pay a fee to meet a fare at the airport - unless they meet you off the airport grounds

I can't confirm that either, but if such is the case, perhaps calling the airport taxi service would be cheaper?  We've used them before to take us from Pasay to New Manila, and it was nowhere near 4,000 pesos.  And, as we had used that same driver in the past, we had no qualms about safety and about arriving on time.

• Like 1