Anyone Playing Pick Up Soccer Around Manila

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Just as she thought...the nearest soccer fields to the area are in Greenhills - La Salle and Xavier, and in Mandaluyong - Lourdes School.  These are probably restricted to students, but maybe you can call and ask?

Further south, near Market Market is the British School where the Philippine Azkals practice soccer.  You might want to check that out too.

legeorges
Posted
Posted

Thanks and cheers to your wife!  Happy new year.

I tried reaching out but no one replies or send you positive feedback, sadly. I will just spend my time differently I guess. Sad to see that amateur or street playing is not very encouraged in Manila. Not my war anyway, but I am just saying, its sad...

Funny to hear some people and parents turn around and say that Youth are spending too much time playing online or in front of computers.... Well, where the heck would they play?!?

Many schools and playgrounds but nothing open to public?!? I spent 4 days in Cambodia and frankly there was opportunities everywhere, parks or just plain fields...  And last I checked Philippines economy is doing better than Cambodia.   Anyways, case closed, I rest my case

legeorges
Posted
Posted

I guess I tried, but no success whatsoever. I will play soccer on Playstation I guess...  Shame on all mayor or government officials for not spending a few pesos to create more green areas in MegaPolluted Manila, where people can go out and play or picnic in family... look around you and countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and even Cambodia permit that.

And about those so - called Soccer clubs or academy, they should at least have the decency to reply to any request, that s a why to create positive advertisement, It doesn't cost you much to train your staff to reply with courtesy to online requests. I sent emails to 4 or 5 different such clubs, and no replies whatsoever.  Playstation store here I come!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Leg, to bad about the lack of results,,just remember that most of us here on this board are old and retired. A hard game of soccer would most likely kill us lololol.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Apparently, there is a new development called Circulo Verde, with an open field where football games are played.