2014 Philippine Holidays

Americano
Posted
Posted

The following is a list of holidays for 2014, declared by virtue of Proclamation No. 655, s. 2013, unless otherwise specified:

JANUARY
January 1, 2014, Wednesday – New Year’s Day (Regular Holiday)
January 31, 2014, Friday – Chinese New Year (Special non-working day)

FEBRUARY
February 25, 2014, Tuesday – EDSA Revolution anniversary (Holiday for all schools)

APRIL
April 9, 2014, Wednesday – Araw ng Kagitingan (Regular Holiday)
April 17, 2014 – Maundy Thursday (Regular Holiday)
April 18, 2014 – Good Friday (Regular Holiday)
April 19, 2014 – Black Saturday (Special non-working day)

MAY
May 1, 2014, Thursday – Labor Day (Regular Holiday)

JUNE
June 12, 2014, Thursday – Independence Day (Regular Holiday)

AUGUST
August 21, 2014, Thursday – Ninoy Aquino Day (Special non-working day)
August 25, 2014, Monday – National Heroes Day (Regular Holiday)

NOVEMBER
November 1, 2014, Saturday – All Saints Day (Special non-working day)
November 30, 2014, Sunday – Bonifacio Day (Regular Holiday)

DECEMBER
December 24, 2014, Wednesday – Additional special non-working day (Special non-working day)
December 25, 2014, Thursday – Christmas Day (Regular Holiday)
December 26, 2014, Friday – Additional special non-working day (Special non-working day)
December 30, 2014, Tuesday – Rizal Day (Regular Holiday)
December 31, 2014, Wednesday – Last day of the year (Special non-working day)

*Separate proclamations will be issued for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha

That's a total of 20 Holidays but don't forget that there are other Holidays for some provinces. I know Cebu has other Holidays but I haven't seen a list of them for this year.

• Like 2

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Holidays....Bah humbug. Pain in the butt when you need to get something done. That's the opinion of one that was previously self employed

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We have several friends with factory's and businesses in Philippines. The proliferation of Holidays kills the economy. Most employees do not work on Friday if Thursday is a Holiday. In addition to the announced Holidays there are others called out by National and local Governments.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

The following is a list of holidays for 2014, declared by virtue of Proclamation No. 655, s. 2013, unless otherwise specified:

JANUARY

January 1, 2014, Wednesday – New Year’s Day (Regular Holiday)

January 31, 2014, Friday – Chinese New Year (Special non-working day)

FEBRUARY

February 25, 2014, Tuesday – EDSA Revolution anniversary (Holiday for all schools)

APRIL

April 9, 2014, Wednesday – Araw ng Kagitingan (Regular Holiday)

April 17, 2014 – Maundy Thursday (Regular Holiday)

April 18, 2014 – Good Friday (Regular Holiday)

April 19, 2014 – Black Saturday (Special non-working day)

MAY

May 1, 2014, Thursday – Labor Day (Regular Holiday)

JUNE

June 12, 2014, Thursday – Independence Day (Regular Holiday)

AUGUST

August 21, 2014, Thursday – Ninoy Aquino Day (Special non-working day)

August 25, 2014, Monday – National Heroes Day (Regular Holiday)

NOVEMBER

November 1, 2014, Saturday – All Saints Day (Special non-working day)

November 30, 2014, Sunday – Bonifacio Day (Regular Holiday)

DECEMBER

December 24, 2014, Wednesday – Additional special non-working day (Special non-working day)

December 25, 2014, Thursday – Christmas Day (Regular Holiday)

December 26, 2014, Friday – Additional special non-working day (Special non-working day)

December 30, 2014, Tuesday – Rizal Day (Regular Holiday)

December 31, 2014, Wednesday – Last day of the year (Special non-working day)

*Separate proclamations will be issued for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha

That's a total of 20 Holidays but don't forget that there are other Holidays for some provinces. I know Cebu has other Holidays but I haven't seen a list of them for this year.

Cebu Citywide & Cultural Events

Date Sinulog Festival 20 Jan 2013 Cebu City Charter Day 24 Feb 2013 Lapu-Lapu City Charter Day 17 Jun 2013 Cebu Province Charter Day 6 Aug 2013 Don Sergio Osmeña Day 9 Sep 2013
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Its good to have a list of the Holidays handy because it could save you a wasted trip to Immigration or any other government office that will be closed on those days.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The logic behind having so many holidays is employers have to pay more for the same labor. Employees are happy and they will vote for the politicians who found a way for them to make extra money.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

I didn't see my birthday on any of those lists... :)

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

Bob, when you come to the Philippines just start a new Fiesta and name it after yourself. I'm sure it will become a Holiday too.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Bob, when you come to the Philippines just start a new Fiesta and name it after yourself. I'm sure it will become a Holiday too.

Actualy I have had some thoughts making a fiesta of the type we have in DAYTIME in Swedish Midsummer holiday   ( =the family fiesta part BEFORE the evening when big part of grown ups get drunk.)

Such Swedish fiestas includes

funny competitions as e g race jumping with legs in sacks, and run with legs tied to an other person,

and dances e g jumping as frogs.

If not else I can show how crazy Swedes are, so I seem normal in comparing   :lol:

(Such don't cost any much either, because they are BETWEEN meals    :)    so just something to drink and perhaps ice cream, plus some simple prices to compeete for, simple because the main is it's compeeting for fun, not becoming to serious competitions.)

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

So around 20 a year!!! Here in middle east is 10 and in uk i think 9.......... More Fun in the Philippines huh, mind you once retire everyday is a sunday is it not??