Foreigner Getting Philippine Passport

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

The other day I came across an add that is selling a service to get foreigners a Philippine passport!

Now I am pretty sure it not 100% legit. I did email to enquire how much the cost and got a reply of 220,000 peso. ( roughly $5000)

Now if this was the case just think one said foreigner could own a business and even property.

Has any one seen such an ad or have experience in getting a Philippine passport / dual citizenship ?

I'm curious if it's just smoke and mirrors!

Hewy09

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well it would have to be a fake passport as, well everyone knows you can not get a passport unless you are a native or dual citizen in any country. ( or is that meant to be the service they are offering?)  Personally I would not touch it with a ten foot pole and you could only imagine the problems it would cause down the track and when you went to use it one would have to show that he is a citizen of the Philippines as alarm bells would be ringing if a foreigner had a Philippines passport. 

Having said that, when I get my new printer I can do you one for $2500 US, look at the money you will save.  :hystery:

• Like 3

Markham
Posted
Posted

I agree with JGF; it is almost certainly a scam and any documentation you receive would be fake - if, indeed, you were to receive any.

Foreigners can apply for citizenship once they have lived in the country for (a minimum of) ten years but there is an "entrance exam" and the requirement to be fluent in a Philippine dialect, preferably Tagalog.

• Like 1

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

I so much as figured it would be fake!

I may be new to the forum but I am very street wise.

I did email back and forth with the person offering the service just for sh%ts and giggles. It turns out the there is an inside connection to immigration and the said passport would be real just not obtained legally. I was told that as long as I entered the Philippines on my Canadian passport that flags would not be raised. But however I could use the illegally obtained one in country with out issue, which I think would be opposite of reality. However I'm not so dumb to try I value my freedoms and don't want to be in a Filipino jail learning dance steps for YouTube videos! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

There was a time when airplane hijacking was fairly common. A company sold fake passports to American executives traveling overseas. The example is a passport from Ceylon. The name sounds familiar and real, but it had become the Republic of Sri Lanka. So long as the name of the country was not real, it was considered a novelty item. The idea was to hand over the fake passport to hijackers rather than the real one  Americans were high on the targeted list. This was sometime ago. My recollection was the fake passports were around $225. 

The fake Philippine passports are sold to Chinese and Indians who entered the country illegally. Scammers also sell fake driver's licenses and other forms of identity.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It turns out the there is an inside connection to immigration and the said passport would be real just not obtained legally.

Passports are issued by the Dept of Foreign Affairs (DFA), not Immigration, so that would be your first indication it's a scam.

• Like 5

brock
Posted
Posted

Why not report them so no gullible foreigner does fall for this scam.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I agree with JGF; it is almost certainly a scam and any documentation you receive would be fake - if, indeed, you were to receive any.

Foreigners can apply for citizenship once they have lived in the country for (a minimum of) ten years but there is an "entrance exam" and the requirement to be fluent in a Philippine dialect, preferably Tagalog.

Hmmm... English is one of the official Philippine languages so wouldn't that qualify? :)

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

Markham
Posted
Posted
Hmmm... English is one of the official Philippine languages so wouldn't that qualify? :)

No, it has to be Tagalog or a major dialect such as Bisayan.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

No, it has to be Tagalog or a major dialect such as Bisayan.

I tried it with Gibberish and got a 100% pass mark.   :rolleyes:

• Like 1