Another How To "help" Or Not Help Topic

jpbago
Posted
Posted
when a much loved family member passed away twice

I only pay once. If they come back, then someone else can take care of it. So far, none have came back...but with the catholic religion, you never know.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Softpillow
Posted
Posted

I believe sending unearned money as "help" to anyone, anywhere on a continuing, month-in/month-out basis is a big mistake. It fosters dependency and the potential for problems is off the chart. But it sounds like your mind's made up and you're waffling on the amount. Whatever it is it probably won't be enough.

I agree. I think they should find some other means to earn money, selling produce perhaps? Filipinos are quite adaptable anyway.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

My wife has a big family. 9 sisters and brothers. some are responsible and some are not. I help the ones that are responsible.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

My wife has a big family. 9 sisters and brothers. some are responsible and some are not. I help the ones that are responsible.

:thumbsup:    Have you managed to avoid the bad ones sneak much from what you give the good ones?

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup:    Have you managed to avoid the bad ones sneak much from what you give the good one

The good ones spend the money pretty fast so its not a problem