Philippines And Climate Change

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

the one thing i m looking forward tois coming back there to  join my filipina, and i plan on doing it this spring. but i m doing it with  my eyes open. because i seen a documentary about climate change. all i can tell you i found it on utube and i don t remember the title or very much else but i remember it said . that the philippines is number 3 in being affect by it. so  are you guy prepping for it. i plan on preparing .

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

i want to add i m not talking about prepping like here at home i mean preparing food supplies ,seeds, tools. and those things that will help us survive on our own till things  normalize

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Even if you are convinced global warming is real it will only effect the severity of storms or ocean rise on the margins.

The real concern is the normal natural and man made disasters that already occur in the Philippines. Earthquakes, volcanos, typhoons, heavy rains leading to flooding and landslides, tsunami's and civil unrest.

Precautions... don't live too close to the coast, in areas prone to flooding or landslides, too close to a volcano or in areas more likely to have civil unrest like Mindanoa.

Plus make your normal preparations for surviving for a few weeks to a month if some disaster occurs.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

i mean preparing food supplies ,seeds, tools. and those things that will help us survive on our own till things  normalize

What ever you do, Make sure you have Plenty

post-2148-0-04985900-1390655420_thumb.jp   :thumbsup:

You just never know,how long these things will take to get over and get back to normality  :dance:

Good on yer pal, Hope the move goes well! :)

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Where I live, the hi temperature today will be -8C. The trick is to not mind it (and have adequate clothing!).

A relevant Zen koan:

A monk asked Tozan, "How can we escape the cold and heat?" Tozan replied, "Why not go where there is no cold and heat?" "Is there such a place?" the monk asked. Tozan commented, "When cold, be thoroughly cold; when hot, be hot through and through.

Americano
Posted
Posted
Al Gore’s 10-year warning – only 2 years left, still no warmingJanuary 10th, 2014 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.

It’s been 8 years since Al Gore told us in January 2006 that we had only 10 years left to solve the global warming problem.

In the grand tradition of prophets of doom, his prognostication is not shaping up too well…still no statistically significant warming:
Gores-10-yr-warming-8-yrs-later.png

And if you use RSS version of the satellite data, it will look even worse for Mr. Gore.

Oh, I know. All that extra energy, hundredths of a degree of it, could be hiding in the deep ocean. Good luck getting Mr. and Mrs. Taxpayer worked up over that one.

Source:  http://www.drroyspencer.com/2014/01/al-gores-10-year-warning-only-2-years-left-still-no-warming/

Americano
Posted
Posted

I lot of foreigners complain about it being too hot in the Philippines so many of us welcome the cooler temperatures. Cooler temperatures means less sweating and lower electric bills since we don't need to use air-cond as much. Don't worry the hot weather will be back soon enough.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i cant wait to feel the heat

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

I will be in the Philippines very soon. How does it compare to here in Florida? I can't imagine it being any worse then our hot humid sweaty weather. Of course, our winters are great and most welcoming.