Camayan Beach Resort In Subic Bay

Miguk
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the update.  I have only been back to Ocean Adventure one time.  Before that it was impossible to go back that direction because it was part of the Naval Magazine when the American base was there -- it was off limits.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the update.  I have only been back to Ocean Adventure one time.  Before that it was impossible to go back that direction because it was part of the Naval Magazine when the American base was there -- it was off limits.

That area out past Cubi is the most beautiful part of the Freeport.  I love the huge trees of the rain forest and it is very quiet and serene.

I like Ocean Adventure a lot.  It is small, but they are doing good work out there.  It is always clean and well kept, unlike so many places in the Philippines.  They do a good job of educating Filipino school kids about environmental issues, something that is sorely needed here.

I did the dolphin swim there last July and it was a great experience that I would recommend.  All of those PETA types that think it is cruel are way off base.  The dolphins at OA are all rescues and the programs there promote wild dolphin awareness and safety.

One cool thing I forgot to mention about the hotel is that twice a day they bring a huge sea lion over for guests to take pictures with.  I didn't take many pictures but here are some at the hotel.

post-1784-0-01643500-1392684845_thumb.jp

post-1784-0-85564400-1392684897_thumb.jp

View from room

post-1784-0-96988800-1392684931_thumb.jp

post-1784-0-41508300-1392684959_thumb.jp

Hyundai shipyard across the bay

post-1784-0-32353100-1392685136_thumb.jp

U.S. Navy ship coming into port at breakfast time.  It looks like Obama cut the maintenance budget for this one.

post-1784-0-41603100-1392685243_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Miguk
Posted
Posted

That area out past Cubi is the most beautiful part of the Freeport.  I love the huge trees of the rain forest and it is very quiet and serene.

I like Ocean Adventure a lot.  It is small, but they are doing good work out there.  It is always clean and well kept, unlike so many places in the Philippines.  They do a good job of educating Filipino school kids about environmental issues, something that is sorely needed here.

I did the dolphin swim there last July and it was a great experience that I would recommend.  All of those PETA types that think it is cruel are way off base.  The dolphins at OA are all rescues and the programs there promote wild dolphin awareness and safety.

One cool thing I forgot to mention about the hotel is that twice a day they bring a huge sea lion over for guests to take pictures with.  I didn't take many pictures but here are some at the hotel.

attachicon.gifSea Lion 1.JPG

attachicon.gifSea Lion 2.JPG

View from room

attachicon.gifView 1.JPG

attachicon.gifView 2.JPG

Hyundai shipyard across the bay

attachicon.gifHyundai SY.JPG

U.S. Navy ship coming into port at breakfast time.  It looks like Obama cut the maintenance budget for this one.

attachicon.gifUS Navy.JPG

Are you sure that is a Navy ship? I can't see the hull number. I was stationed at Cubi Point when i was on active duty back in 1980s so i am familiar with the base and the area. I am impressed with how they have maintained the base but unimpressed with how much they charge. Any place that is halfway decent in the Philippines is just ludicrously expensive....more expensive than what i pay here in DC. But with 1/4 the amenities.

I have noticed how things are not maintained there for the most part (in the Philippines). How much can a couple cans of paint cost?!

I have considered living in Subic. I really like Tagaytay. Used to love Baguio but that place has gone to hell in a handbasket

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
Are you sure that is a Navy ship?

When I zoomed in with the camera I thought it was flying an American flag.  When I zoom in on the picture now I can't be sure.   I'm going to be down at the docks in the morning and I will see if it is there.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

Miguk
Posted
Posted

Are you sure that is a Navy ship?

When I zoomed in with the camera I thought it was flying an American flag.  When I zoom in on the picture now I can't be sure.   I'm going to be down at the docks in the morning and I will see if it is there.

I saw the American flag but not sure if it is a Navy ship. Could be a USNS

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was down at the main dock this morning but I did not see this ship there.  There are two other U.S. Navy ships in port there.

• Like 1

Miguk
Posted
Posted

Do they come in a lot?  It must be interesting living on Subic.  It is really almost like living in the United States. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Do they come in a lot?  It must be interesting living on Subic.  It is really almost like living in the United States. 

In the last 6 months there have been more in port, but they are usually smaller support ships.

• Like 1

Miguk
Posted
Posted

May I ask your status?  Are you retired?  Are you leasing a house on Subic?  Not trying to get in your business, just curious and info for my retirement.

• Like 1