Plane Ticket Info Ect

Kurt Libengood
Posted
Posted

Hello and thank you for any information you can provide about my questions. Also forgive my ignorance if this seems like its common sense and I just did not get it. Anyhow I am getting married soon to a wonderful filipina and then after getting our marriage certificate I am going to apply for my 13A visa.
My Question is this: I arrive on April 1st and I have not been to the Philippines for longer then 21 days and so, If my Arrival is April 1st and my return ticket is August how can I get an extention if in order to get an extention I have to enter the country and go to the intramuros to get the extention? Also my return ticket through Delta said it will not be printed I will just have to check in, do I just print out my intererary and that is sufficient? Thank you for your help.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The need for a return ticket is enforced by the airline in the USA. They will not let you board unless you have a round trip or onward ticket.

I have always handed a printed copy of my onward or return ticket to immigration when I arrive in the Philippines. But from what has been reported here I don't think they necessarily look at it or if they do care if it is within 30 days of arrival.

Until you get your 13A visa issued you just renew your tourist visa at 30 days at any immigration office located all over the Philippines. Then renew every 60 days after that until you get your 13A visa issued. Another option that was just implemented are 6 month extensions, which you can do at 30 days in country, but I believe there are a limited number of immigration offices which can do that. Cost is about the same regardless of which method you use.

I think you would be ok with a return ticket in August.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I've had return tickets dated both within the old and after the 21 day initial after the visa and didn't have an issue on either occasion.  I always carry a copy of my itinerary in my carry on, have only been asked to present once though, to BI officials in Manila, in all my trips; but will continue to carry it.  I've never been asked by an airline to prove my return or forwarding trip - this may be due to me always, so far, flying the return leg with the airline I arrive on so it's there for them to see - but I would advise you to err on the side of caution and always have one.

Just for info, the initial tourist visa is now 30 days, it changed a couple of months ago.

Welcome to the forum :cheersty:

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Kurt, I assume you are traveling solo and getting married here in the Philippines?  The reason I ask is because if you're getting married in the USA prior to travel here with your new bride, there may be other options for your consideration.  Welcome, congrats and safe travels,

SNAFU

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

I got a one way Perth via Singapore to Cebu with Tiger Air in January this year, purchased a AirAsia throw away for 800 pesos, was asked in Singapore for my outward ticket from PI or the wouldn't give me a ticket to Cebu, never was asked at immigration or at BI to show them this ticket. BTW there must be loads of empty seats on those Air Asia out going flights form the Phils. Also as Brett said 30 day initial visa free, go to BI get your next visa for 30 days 3030 pesos, after that can get 59 days 7060 pesos or a 6months, don't know that cost.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Kurt, make sure that you bring a raised seal copy of your birth certificate with you. This is one of the required documents when applying for your Marriage Certificate. The itinerary is enough. Like others have said the Airline in the states is where you would face the most difficulty if you only had a one way. Like the others, I too still present my onward ticket to the Immigrations officer even though they rarely look or ask for it. The 6 month extension is only available at the Intramuros BI office in Manila. If you are going to be elsewhere, I would just do the extensions as you need to until your 13A is approved. 

You also do not have to wait until the 59 days to apply for the Tourist ACR. You can do your first extension (59 day) a week after you arrive, and the 2nd extension (2 month) a week later. When applying for the 2nd extension is when you also apply for the ACR. I have done these extensions like that a couple of times at the Olongapo BI without issue.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
The 6 month extension is only available at the Intramuros BI office in Manila.

Hopefully this filters through to the regional then satellite offices soon.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Also as Brett said 30 day initial visa free, go to BI get your next visa for 30 days 3030 pesos,

It might be easier to ask for the 29 day extension at the immigration when you arrive. You will be pointed where to go, left at T1 and right at T2. It is fast and cost 2702.50p. No need to go to BI for 59 days. Then you can get 2 or 6 months, up to you. Or you can take your gf to Hong Kong for a few days and then do the same upon your return. No need to go to BI at all. By that time it will be August and you will be married. Then go to Macau for honeymoon and get a BB visa when you return good for 1 year. No need to go to BI at all. By that time when the BB visa expires, you will have been in PI for 16 months at a visa cost of 5405p. Sure, you left the PI twice and had a nice holiday each time. You gf/wife will love it.

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Sorry, Kurt, you said 13A, I need to read more carefully from now on... 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hello and thank you for any information you can provide about my questions. Also forgive my ignorance if this seems like its common sense and I just did not get it. Anyhow I am getting married soon to a wonderful filipina and then after getting our marriage certificate I am going to apply for my 13A visa.

My Question is this: I arrive on April 1st and I have not been to the Philippines for longer then 21 days and so, If my Arrival is April 1st and my return ticket is August how can I get an extention if in order to get an extention I have to enter the country and go to the intramuros to get the extention? Also my return ticket through Delta said it will not be printed I will just have to check in, do I just print out my intererary and that is sufficient? Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the forum

You don't say where you are staying in the Philippines? No need to go to Intramuros if for example you are in Cebu, just got to a local BI office before the 30 days is up or most registered and approved travel agents can do the extension for you. You can also get a visa from the US if you wanted to before leaving.

You say you have a return ticket? if so you are fine and covered the requirements as it does not have to be within the 30 days according to the BI and my experience.

Print out Deltas Itinerary which is your Eticket.  

Print out attachment below as I hear Delta does not understand the requirements. 

post-1-0-48159900-1393314639_thumb.jpg

• Like 1