Going To Guam With Your Filipina

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

Has anyone been to Guam with their Filipina? I am curious to know if it would be difficult getting a travel visa due to the fact that Guam is a US Territory. Also, I am planning on traveling around SE Asia. Are their any countries where traveling with my Filipina would be problematic? She has her passport but never used it. 

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted (edited)

Has anyone been to Guam with their Filipina? I am curious to know if it would be difficult getting a travel visa due to the fact that Guam is a US Territory. Also, I am planning on traveling around SE Asia. Are their any countries where traveling with my Filipina would be problematic? She has her passport but never used it. 

Always good to get the first stamp. That way immigration knows she is coming back :). Singapore I think is the easiest place to visit first.

Edited by Medic Mike
  • Like 4

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

Great advice, Mike. Thanks!

jon1
Posted
Posted

I agree with Mike. Singapore was easy. Depending on the Immigration Officer, she may have to get a CFO stamp because she is traveling with you. 

Guam will not be easy even if she has all the stamps in the world as there is no differentiation between there and mainland US.  Check out my post http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/18568-not-sure-where-to-start-on-a-visa/#entry115984

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Macua, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Thailand are easy for a Filipina to get a visa upon arrival for a few weeks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Retired in Samar
Posted
Posted

To travel to Guam, she will need a visa before departing the Philippines. Guam is the U.S. for immigration purposes.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

We are actually going to Guam next month, Wife is a US citizen though so can't directly answer your questions. But will report what its like there,,,,especially the PX lol

Retired in Samar
Posted
Posted

We are leaving on Tuesday for Guam for 4 days. My wife needs to "check in" to the country to keep her permanent green card valid. If she resides outside the U.S. for more than one year, her card becomed invalid. So a yearly trip to Guam is always in order. Great shopping so don't forget to pack up a balikbayan box or to to send back home. 

We are actually going to Guam next month, Wife is a US citizen though so can't directly answer your questions. But will report what its like there,,,,especially the PX lol

Scott, you might like it there and decide to stay!

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Expensive strip clubs.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I can verify Hong Kong and Thailand with a Philippine Passport as of a few years ago.

Wife is now USA citizen with USA passport.

A quick search came up with this on Guam.

http://www.visitguam.com/plan/entry-exit/