Globe Problem?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

This morning I'm unable to connect to any yahoo.com address. Works fine when connected to VPN from the US. The data is not going past the Globe routers. Anyone else having this problem? 

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

This morning I'm unable to connect to any yahoo.com address. Works fine when connected to VPN from the US. The data is not going past the Globe routers. Anyone else having this problem? 

It loaded ok here with PLDT. Might be Globe.

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Just tried http://ph.yahoo.com/?p=us using my Tattoo stick in Liloan. Worked fine

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I had some connection problems with Globe at some sites earlier but then others opened. It is good now. AOK

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Yes, it's working now, at least it wasn't google. Thanks all!

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike,

I haven't had any problem connecting to yahoo.com today or at any time in the past that I know of. When my Globe Internet is working then I can connect to any website without exceptions.

On another topic you mentioned that a few years ago you had problems connecting to some websites but it was much better this year.

I assume Globe passes by Carcar on its way down to Argao so I don't know why you would have a problem in Argao that we don't have in Carcar. My wife and I have a desktop and a laptop that we have been using for the past 3 years. yahoo is the homepage on both of our computers and its never failed to open when the internet was working. Most of our Internets problems have been due to someone disconnecting us in one of the Globe cabinets or someone stealing the Globe wire from the poles. In the past 3 years there has only been one technical problem that I know of. In Carcar Globe has Port 5060 closed which prevents anyone from using a phone service such as Magic Jack or Whistle through the Internet.

I'm not an expert on computers or the Internet so I don't know what could be causing your problem especially since we haven't noticed it here. Have you tried calling Globe in Manila to report the problem?  If so what did they say?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The problem went away after a couple hours. The data was not being forwarded from one of the globe routers. Probably the routing tables were screwed up and they rebooted it.

You are correct, Globe is blaming most of their problems on theft of copper cables, probably much of it their own employees and subcontractors. 

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I had the same problem here Mike .... some sites would load and others wouldn't .... but I learned when I was having so many problems several years ago to just unplug my Globe router and Linksys router for about 8 mins and then plug the Globe router in first and let it initialize before plugging my Linksys router back in .... not sure just why but doing it that way works .... (got the advise from Google .... I ain't that smart ... :mocking: ) at the same time it clears and gives me a new IP .... :tiphat:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I always have that problem... nothing works... except the VPN.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Rebooting my computer wouldn't have helped, the packets were getting out to the globe router at 120.128.1.245 and stuck there. That's where the problem was. All the other sites worked, only yahoo didn't. Well, probably others also but that's the only one I knew of. Probably just rebooted it.

post-575-0-59392400-1394083989_thumb.jpg