Marriage Agreement

Thomas
Posted
Posted

(Off topic   :)

​I don't know the rules in Britain or Sweden but in the US the operative word is 'HALF'. When you split up they (THE WIFE) GETS HALF THE ASSETS.
Yes, if not having prenup. Half of what's earned during the marriage anyway.

My Swedish company will own the main part of the investment by lease/loan to the Filipin company. My Swedish company is an OWN JURIDICAL "PERSON" = not "me", and have an other minority owner too, which I asume make it harder for a Filipin judge to give it to my wife in a divorse.

So good luck with those "AGREEMENTS"
I will try to "solve" it by trying to be worth more kept and alive.

Although I will teach my wife more and more how the business can be handled, I will KEEP some important information for myself.

And I hope I have some business skills left   :)    worth to keep and learn from. 

((Although I worked double 2 months beside the new owner, when I sold my distribution company, showing him the first month and sitting beside and check the second month, he messed it up anyway. He did know what were needed to be done, but he hadn't skill to handle the 70 employed lost long time customers.. Within a year from when I left, the company had turned from profitable and growing to bankruptcy...))

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Yes, if not having prenup. Half of what's earned during the marriage anyway. My Swedish company will own the main part of the investment by lease/loan to the Filipin company. My Swedish company is an OWN JURIDICAL "PERSON" = not "me", and have an other minority owner too, which I asume make it harder for a Filipin judge to give it to my wife in a divorse.
Sorry Tom but there is NO DIVORCE in the Philippines.
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Not singling out any particular post or poster but I've read some amazing "facts" in this thread. Anyone seeking legal (or medical) advice may want to consult a professional.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I keep waiting for someone to mention the 700 pound gorilla in the room. That Filipinas seem to be the most insecure females on the face of the planet, or at least they seem to express it more. Perhaps its due to most rich Filipinos have a mistress (or two), at least that is the conception. And to them, we are rich. I can almost guarantee that if they hear the phrase "now honey, if we break up" they will hear "WHEN WE BREAK UP"

• Like 4

Curley
Posted
Posted

I keep waiting for someone to mention the 700 pound gorilla in the room. That Filipinas seem to be the most insecure females on the face of the planet, or at least they seem to express it more. Perhaps its due to most rich Filipinos have a mistress (or two), at least that is the conception. And to them, we are rich. I can almost guarantee that if they hear the phrase "now honey, if we break up" they will hear "WHEN WE BREAK UP"

I think I'll have to give up. THIS IS NOT ABOUT PRE NUPS OR BREAKING UP.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The confusion is understandable because of the title. A premarriage (or prenuptial) agreement usually refers to a legal contract between the parties for disbursement of assets after the marriage is terminated. I took the liberty of removing the "Pre" from the title.

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

Curley,

I have given my wife an allowance over the last 12 years. She uses it to support her parents and for her personal needs. I do not ask or monitor how she spends it. If any family members need money they file their requests with the wife. I do not see or hear about any of it as she has become an effective buffer to this.

When I first met my wife, we sat down and had a good discussion about many things; money, goals, children (yes or no), etc. and came up with an informal verbal agreement about what we expected out of our relationship. I too am snipped and she still wanted to try via Invitro fertilization. I told her that I am too old to be parenting a teen in my 60s, no thanks. She asked about adoption and I replied the same. Kinda selfish for me but I already have 2 children in the states by my first marriage that I am still paying for (support, college) and I think that is enough for me. Over the years this agreement has been modified slightly to adjust for life's changes but overall is still intact.

Figure out what you want and expect out of your relationship. Then sit down with your prospective wife and talk about it. That is about the best thing that you can do. If you want to completely win her over, make it a true partnership where she has input into the major decisions.

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, if not having prenup. Half of what's earned during the marriage anyway. My Swedish company will own the main part of the investment by lease/loan to the Filipin company. My Swedish company is an OWN JURIDICAL "PERSON" = not "me", and have an other minority owner too, which I asume make it harder for a Filipin judge to give it to my wife in a divorse.
Sorry Tom but there is NO DIVORCE in the Philippines.

I know, but there are annulments and separations.

Edit: Off topic now too  :)

Edited by Thomas

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
which I asume make it harder for a Filipin judge to give it to my wife in a divorse

Assuming is a huge mistake here.  I have seen very smart guys lose their shirt by assuming the courts here would use logic.  The important thing is:   Do you have Philippine Supreme Court legal precedents to back up your assumptions?

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We are in the process of getting married and I think I understand what you mean.  Not a pre-nup (because they won't hold up in court anyway).  But more of expectations and household rules.  We don't have anything in writing but we have discussed a lot.  So far her only rule is no screwing around.  But I have made clear to her my expectations - so she could decide if she wanted to continue dating - I made sure to over these things right in the beginning.

No kids. No family living with us. No money to the family, unless I decide it is an emergency. I understand the family law says the kids have to support their parents (not siblings) but her mother is dead and her father abandoned them years ago, so no money for him or his new wife. I told her I will leave the country before I give that man any money.

• Like 2