Another Bus Accident

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
I'm sorry to say that doesn't work most of the time.

It works on the UV express vans.  We used to do that sometimes, buying a whole row.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
have you considered buying a 3rd seat? when me and my child travel either bus or FX van, we will buy that extra seat to give us that EXTRA space. as it solves some (if not all) of the space and overcrowding issues. that extra 40-80p is the best spent when traveling on a sardine can i mean public transport

Yup the one and only time I took one of those vans was to go to south in Cebu .... I paid for the extra seat and sat right in the middle of them .... as we were getting ready to to leave the conductor tried to squeeze a guy into my 2 seats .... I just looked at him and said I paid for 2 of these and I'm not moving .... the passenger who was a young guy just smiled and sat in the lap of the conductor who scowled at me the whole trip till someone got off and the young guy moved to their seat ....

But as i said that was the last trip .... I held my breath when we took a corner as the van felt like it was on 2 wheels and swayed like a drunken sailor (sorry Jake) ..... now I've owned and ridden motorcycles for more than 30 years and can honestly say that van ride scared the crap out of me ..... even today my asawa will tease me and say "you want to take a van" ..... my answer is not only no .... it's HELL NO ...... :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

On the buses I hate how much they overcrowd them. They will put 3 people on the 2 seats, and then fill up the aisle with plastic stools for more to sit on.

I spread out enough so they never try to stick a 3rd person in the row with me and my girlfriend.

have you considered buying a 3rd seat? when me and my child travel either bus or FX van,

we will buy that extra seat to give us that EXTRA space.  as it solves some (if not all) of the space and overcrowding issues.

that extra 40-80p is the best spent when traveling on a sardine can i mean public transport

Our buses only have two seats in each row.  There is no 3rd seat... they just try to squeeze in 3 people.  

Our nephew just went from Iloilo to Antique in a van and he paid for a 2nd seat, for his giant speaker, and before they got 15 kilometers out of town they tried to give the seat to someone else and move his speaker to the back with the luggage.  They got mad at him when he said he paid for the seat and his speaker was staying there.   :tiphat:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

We were on the bus behind the one that crashed. The one that crashed was the 1.00pm departure and we were on the 1.30, which was entirely my fault for faffing around. We passed the scene at about 5.30 - the bus was neatly upside down in a small ravine on the "uphill" side of the road with its wheels about level with the tarmac. I continue to travel on Victory Liner buses and consider them safe.

• 3 weeks later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

And here is the bus:

DeadbusOlongapo_zpsd7c2efc6.jpg

I didn't take the picture but that is exactly what we saw. It was extraordinary how the bus had managed to turn upside down so that its wheels were more or less level with the road, on the "uphill" side of the road - had it gone the other way there would have been many more dead.