Relocating Alone

sabata
Posted
Posted

Hi    Planning on going to Cebu city this   aug..I am   single    age 62    planning on going  alone...can anyone offer advise    .  As to difficulities   on locating room to rent    ..Where  to rent..  general  things   till i  learn the in and out    of going alone......thanks

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Most of us came here alone.  But its hard to be alone for long. If you have a few bucks and a good attitude then pick a place you like, stay at a hotel or pension house that suits your budget and look for an apartment or house that suits you.  It all falls into place once you decide what you get started.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I travel to Cebu 5 to 6 times a year. I always stay at the Holiday Spa Hotel in Banilad. Great hotel for the price. Banilad is nice and central, and also not far from Ayala and SM.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Missing some information. Is this a "permanent" move or a vacation?

morefun
Posted
Posted (edited)

We stayed in Waterfront Hotel Cebu. Just for a couple of days. 

Edited by MikeB
removed realtor link

• 2 weeks later...
sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Cebu City girls are pretty reserved, you'll need to go online to meet one.

Trust me on this though, you'll find a much better girl in Lapu Lapu island. Less money grabbing. Cebu City proper is full of money grabbing little brats. Your millage may vary.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Welcome to home! I would recommend you just start reading all the older posts - our at least the ones going back 2 years. That should give you a good idea on what to watch out for!

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

BlancoDiablo
Posted
Posted

Make sure to reserve a room for a couple days so you have a immediate place to stay.  Then find a small room for about 30 days and then explore. You don't want to comment to a place with a long lease until you have a better understanding of the lay of the land.  Remember less is more so try not to bring too much $#!% with you and not to accumulate a lot of things. 

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Perhaps City girls are more reserved than average, I don't know, I haven't tried to pick up any there.  Perhaps the good ones are extra reserved to make clear they are different from them I have heared try to pick up foreign old guys in the (Ayala ?) mall    :)

Anyway - LOCK UP some extra if searching for Cebu city girls online, because there are at least two organised online SCAM groups stationed in Metro Cebu, although one of them seem cought by the police recently - if they aren't let out again allready...  :mocking:   

But of course there are some good Cebu city girls online too.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Perhaps I could agree that some are, but I have yet to go anywhere in Cebu without being approached by girls who want to go with me, anywhere I want.  I cannot believe it is just me.

• Like 1