Where To Stay In Camotes?

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

why would I want their landline. If I wanted to go to Sunset, I'd just drive a motorcycle right off the ferry in Consuelo. I wouldn't need to call them up. They will never or almost never be fully booked up. Did you find out if they also have a ferry from Danao port, to Poro? Because as far as I know, there is still no longer any ferry service to Poro from Pier 1. And Poro and San Francisco is the total epicenter of the Camotes islands. Half the people on the Camotes live there. That is where alll the civic buildings are and where most of the wealth is made or economic business done. Poro and San Fran to the Camotes is like Manila to the Philippines, London to the UK, or Bangkok, to Thailand. The relatively small area dominates everything.

the other Visayan islands are not like the Camotes in that respect. Think Bantayan. Bantayan is the largest town, but it is diluted by Madridejos and Santa Fe. Think Siquijor. Larena is the largest town but it is diluted by other towns, Siquijor, San Juan, Lazi, and Maria. But in the Camotes the adjoined 'twin towns' of Poro and San Fran totally dominate everything. There is nothing else, except tiny little teeny weeny villages.

if you could get Mike's UK cellphone number that would be great. Ask the Dragon for it.