American Fugitive Falls To Authorities

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

American fugitive falls to authorities http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...bCategoryId=107Gregory Howard Ladner, 51, who lived in an apartment in barangay Cabancalan, Mandaue City, was immediately brought to the BI regional office where he was temporarily put behind bars.Ty said that Ladner is also facing one count of evading sentence (on his involuntary manslaughter case) when the latter came to the Philippines three years ago instead of facing his penalty.Ty said that Ladner is married to a Filipina. His wife is however living in the US.He was alone when he was arrested.Ty said that Ladner is an undocumented alien, has not applied for any visa extension and of his residency here, and worst his passport has already been revoked.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
American fugitive falls to authorities http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...bCategoryId=107Gregory Howard Ladner, 51, who lived in an apartment in barangay Cabancalan, Mandaue City, was immediately brought to the BI regional office where he was temporarily put behind bars.Ty said that Ladner is also facing one count of evading sentence (on his involuntary manslaughter case) when the latter came to the Philippines three years ago instead of facing his penalty.Ty said that Ladner is married to a Filipina. His wife is however living in the US.He was alone when he was arrested.Ty said that Ladner is an undocumented alien, has not applied for any visa extension and of his residency here, and worst his passport has already been revoked."His undesirability as an alien is more than enough for him to be deported," Ty said.If guilty, this just goes to help confirms what I have always said, some foreigners go to the Philippines to hide and that would also explain why so many do not wish to go to get together's or even act friendly towards other foreigners. BTW, Anyone know him?
Well if his passport was revoked that would explain why he didn't renew his visa's. Wonder how long they will keep him in detention before they send him back. Glad they got him.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

would also explain why so many do not wish to go to get together's or even act friendly towards other foreigners. Sorry Lee .... but that is an entirely erroneous statement to make ...... many foreigners living here don't feel the need to be entertained by the good old boys from back home and enjoy living a quit peaceful life with out the need to socialize with as someone once put it .... their own kind ....... if you long for the days back home and enjoy keeping up with the life you left behind then by all means attend these functions to dream of things past and complain about how much better things were or are back where you came from ...... everyone is not a social climber nor desires to have the potential to be taken advantage of by their fellow countrymen ..... or they may find some of the people going to these get togethers repulsive and have no desire to socialize with them ...... When I first got here I would go around bragging about people that I knew here and found time after time people I was talking to would say "yea I know that a*shole ... your a friend of his" ...... some were talking about guys that have been here a long time ...... So as you can see there are other reasons that people don't go to drink ... smoke and shoot the sh*t ..... with other foreigners ..... but as that was you opinion and this is mine ....... :thumbsup: :th_thanx: :728: :thumbsup:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
would also explain why so many do not wish to go to get together's or even act friendly towards other foreigners. Sorry Lee .... but that is an entirely erroneous statement to make ...... many foreigners living here don't feel the need to be entertained by the good old boys from back home and enjoy living a quit peaceful life with out the need to socialize with as someone once put it .... their own kind ....... if you long for the days back home and enjoy keeping up with the life you left behind then by all means attend these functions to dream of things past and complain about how much better things were or are back where you came from ...... everyone is not a social climber nor desires to have the potential to be taken advantage of by their fellow countrymen ..... or they may find some of the people going to these get togethers repulsive and have no desire to socialize with them ...... When I first got here I would go around bragging about people that I knew here and found time after time people I was talking to would say "yea I know that a*shole ... your a friend of his" ...... some were talking about guys that have been here a long time ...... So as you can see there are other reasons that people don't go to drink ... smoke and shoot the sh*t ..... with other foreigners ..... but as that was you opinion and this is mine ....... :thumbsup: :th_thanx: :728: :thumbsup:
Hey Mike I was at the post office today. I saw a picture of a guy that looks just like you. SugarwareZ-007.gif

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Shhhhhhhhhh ...... don't spread that around ....... especially the part about the bounty on my head ....... hahahahahaha ...... well I'm sure there is one now anyway ..... hahahahaha ....Hey old timer go to bed ... it is past your bed time ...... ooooops .... I forgot you live in the old west ..... hahahaha

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
would also explain why so many do not wish to go to get together's or even act friendly towards other foreigners. Sorry Lee .... but that is an entirely erroneous statement to make ...... many foreigners living here don't feel the need to be entertained by the good old boys from back home and enjoy living a quit peaceful life with out the need to socialize with as someone once put it .... their own kind ....... if you long for the days back home and enjoy keeping up with the life you left behind then by all means attend these functions to dream of things past and complain about how much better things were or are back where you came from ...... everyone is not a social climber nor desires to have the potential to be taken advantage of by their fellow countrymen ..... or they may find some of the people going to these get togethers repulsive and have no desire to socialize with them ...... When I first got here I would go around bragging about people that I knew here and found time after time people I was talking to would say "yea I know that a*shole ... your a friend of his" ...... some were talking about guys that have been here a long time ...... So as you can see there are other reasons that people don't go to drink ... smoke and shoot the sh*t ..... with other foreigners ..... but as that was you opinion and this is mine ....... :D :36_6_3[1]:
Mike, what I said was not directed at everyone who does not wish to socialize......... If you read the words before that I said some foreigners and I also know there are guys like yourself who just wish to stay away from most, and maybe that is because the ones your originally met and thought were nice, turned out to be a** holes........ I am glad you socialize with me and honored as well, since I know you pick your friends carefully........ I also pick my real friends carefully but try to give everyone a chance to show me who they really are, and then once I see who they really are, I put a lot of duct tape over my butt when I am with them to make sure they do not get to shaft me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course I have been known to be wrong on occasion because I have often bent over backwards trying to be nice and friendly in an effort to get some expats and visitors to meet each other for peace, harmony and friendship on the forums......Also meeting them gives them a chance to see who I am maybe that is why some stay away from me. :as-if: :lol: :lol: And I think you know how I feel about that :1247: No one can please everyone. :any-help: :1247: :lol: :lol: I think we each have to take each other for who we are and accept that we are all different. :th_exactly: Well at least the good thing about getting to meet me, was that they also got to meet my wife, and while some people do not like me, I am pretty sure they all like my wife because she is just plain sweet and innocent and most people like her. :yes:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mike, I hear that a portion of Yamash&ta

Edited by Old55

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Was not offended by your comment was only addressing the "why so many" ....... as there are hundreds if not thousands of foreigners living here in Cebu and as has been seen only a handful (excluding their wives and girlfriends) show up at these get-together ....... I was pointing out that all these "many" are not hiding from someone or something .... plus there are lots of other ex-pats get together here in Cebu ... they just don't advertise except word of mouth amongst themselves ...... there are many .... many people that don't go to get together but maybe once or twice a year ...... kinda like a Christmas Party or picnic ...... doesn't mean they are hiding from something ....... sure there is the exception and I'am sure there are those hiding out for what ever reason but that is the exception rather than the norm ...... just like in any country ..... Any way I know you enjoy yourself when you are here meeting and socializing with old friends and new people and that is all that matters ...... as long as you enjoy doing what you do ...... and some of us enjoy doing what we do ......... hahahahaha :36_6_3[1]: :th_exactly:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
would also explain why so many do not wish to go to get together's or even act friendly towards other foreigners. Sorry Lee .... but that is an entirely erroneous statement to make ...... many foreigners living here don't feel the need to be entertained by the good old boys from back home and enjoy living a quit peaceful life with out the need to socialize with as someone once put it .... their own kind ....... if you long for the days back home and enjoy keeping up with the life you left behind then by all means attend these functions to dream of things past and complain about how much better things were or are back where you came from ...... everyone is not a social climber nor desires to have the potential to be taken advantage of by their fellow countrymen ..... or they may find some of the people going to these get togethers repulsive and have no desire to socialize with them ...... When I first got here I would go around bragging about people that I knew here and found time after time people I was talking to would say "yea I know that a*shole ... your a friend of his" ...... some were talking about guys that have been here a long time ...... So as you can see there are other reasons that people don't go to drink ... smoke and shoot the sh*t ..... with other foreigners ..... but as that was you opinion and this is mine ....... :36_6_3[1]: :any-help: :as-if: :th_exactly:
Now MikeI believe you have never attended one of these get togethers so are you just assuming that is what go's on and the conversation topics are complaints about how things are better back home?I have never been to a get together either so can someone who has tell me what the general social topics are or if Mike is correct.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well in general when ever ex-pats get together either in a group or just 2-3 the topics always gets around to how screwed up they feel things are here .... I may not go to group meetings but I do meet with certain people that live here ...... and so unless we are just strange (the people I talk to) the topic eventually gets around to "but that ain't how we do it at home" ....... IMHO

Edited by Mike S