Masbate

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It's been 2 and a half years since I was there but I stayed at the MG Hotel for a week back in May, 2012, At the time it was the best hotel in Masbate City but that's not saying much. It's outside of town so pretty quiet. I think the rooms are about p2k. I spent 1 night at the Bituon Beach "Resort", that was probably the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I wasn't too impressed with Masbate, have not been back. My wife goes back once in a while because she's from there, she stayed at the Bayview last time, she said it was decent but I couldn't find any info on the internet on it. She was travelling with our child who was about 1 and a half at that time but there was lots of family around to help. Good luck.

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Cheers, might shorten my stay to 2-3 nights then, just to have been there once.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Cheers, might shorten my stay to 2-3 nights then, just to have been there once.

I have been numerous times to Masbate but not recently. Always bought a motor with me. Some of the riding and scenery there is outstanding, as is the rodeo which is a bundle of laughs. Watching around 5 Filipinos wrestling a bull to the ground is really something.

I stayed at a hotel just outside the city, German owned, probably same as one what Mike mentioned.

The city was...suspect still very run down, jollibee was about it for food. Never ever felt threatened or worried there.

Easy over night trip from Cebu on Transasia. Would recommend bring even a small motor with you.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I forgot about the rodeo, that's a big deal there I think it's in March or April though. But I always avoid those kind of things anyway. I noticed the schedule today that Transasia has changed the twice weekly schedule to Masbate to just once a week both ways but there are a couple others who have added that route. The one time I took Transasia there I booked the "Presidential" suite. Nothing like the pictures lol.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

I forgot about the rodeo, that's a big deal there I think it's in March or April though. But I always avoid those kind of things anyway. I noticed the schedule today that Transasia has changed the twice weekly schedule to Masbate to just once a week both ways but there are a couple others who have added that route. The one time I took Transasia there I booked the "Presidential" suite. Nothing like the pictures lol.

Good to read that news Mike, after re reading your earlier post I remember Bayview was the German owned hotel. Where I stayed.

I used to spend a lot of time in Legaspi city Hence often Masbate. If one enjoys trail riding it's a paradise, and the ladies there just love the long noses, guess something rarely seen.

Usually also avoid fiestas and such, but I would love to return to the rodeo, never laughed so much. In fact will check out dates with a view to returning.