Going To The Us?

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

I have a letter that needs to be mailed in the US. Anybody going soon that could do that for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

Seriously? Who would think this a good idea? If the letter is sealed, who the heck knows what is in it? Not a smart thing to carry unknowns across international borders. Even if the letter isn't sealed, the fact that it "has to be mailed in the US" is another red flag—possibly of some fraudulent activity. Potential respondents beware.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Seriously? Who would think this a good idea? If the letter is sealed, who the heck knows what is in it? Not a smart thing to carry unknowns across international borders. Even if the letter isn't sealed, the fact that it "has to be mailed in the US" is another red flag—possibly of some fraudulent activity. Potential respondents beware.

No, I don't think there is anything sinister here.  Good point though.  One always should be careful about these things.  In another topic we were discussing ways to get social security letters mailed in the U.S.  It would not be advisable to put them in Philpost. 

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/19188-coming-from-the-us/

Edited by OnMyWay

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
No, I don't think there is anything sinister here.

I agree. There is nothing sinister. Friends send Christmas cards to a relative in the USA to add a local stamp. Even advertising materials are sent in bulk to the United States for mailing using local postal rates rather than international.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I have met Lordblacknail in person and believe he's a very nice person. I wish I could help him but don't have any plans to travel to the USA any time soon.

• Like 2

crad
Posted
Posted

I would not do this without checking in either direction. Last year a pinoy aquaintance had a few items in my balikbayan box which I sent on to his relatives via LBC. I had everything he gave me out. It is not that I thought he might have deliberately sent something bent. He could have submitted some contraband without knowing it was contraband for all I knew. I had to check. I would have been an idiot if I hadn't. There is a reason why airport check in staff ask you if you have packed your bag yourself. If somebody here gave me a package to bring over on a plane, when the check in staff ask if I have packed the bag myself, I would say yes, except this bit, and hand whatever somebody else gave to me, over to to them to examine.