Balikbayan Run To Guam

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Some of the PXs outside mainland USA refuse service to retired Canadians Service Members

To be honest Bob I did not know that PX's inside the states served Retired service members from other countries. I have seen active duty either with orders or in uniform using the PX. I just don't know about retired guys.

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

I"m trying to remember but I'm blanking out now...  Some of the PXs outside mainland USA refuse service to retired Canadians Service Members...  Anyone know if Guam will or not?

:89:

I don't know about Guam but I think that it is location dependent. As a US Retiree back in 2005, I was refused access to the PX/BX in Seoul. I had to go to the Provost Marshal's office to get a rations card for entry. I think a lot of it has to do with the Black Marketing.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I can tell you this about the Guam (and most other PX/Comm) facilities. Guests are allowed to enter the PX lookie loo but not purchace. The commissary will only allow valid ID card holders inside.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The way I understand it is that we (Canadians and Americans) have reciprocal rights at each other's PXs...  It doesn't really matter too much to me as my ID shows me as transferred (and active) in a class of Reserve that does not exist any more.  Somebody decided it was better (cheaper) to not bother changing the ID cards again.  Anyway, so far only one PX would not let me in and they were refusing service to all non-US retired service members regardless of country.  

I think it was in Frankfort, Germany where the Canadian Exchange had a car lot that sold new cars to, ahem, only American citizens of the military persuasion...  This was back in the mid 80s and i have no idea if it's still going or not.

:mocking:

Sora Fon
Posted
Posted

But there's no Costco Wholesale in Guam, more's the pity. Gotta go to Hawaii for that. My friend just came back from Agana. She doesn't have a passport and went from Hawaii on her driving license. They gave her a hard time but she was within her rights.