Happy Post About Snorkeling In Panglao

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Personally,I wouldn't bother going out in Alona with a snorkel without fins as I like to explore  a bit deeper and the fins get me down where I wanna be. 10 meters give or take..

I have a pair of shinfins I use all the time. They are small, and fit easily into my daypack. As a result it is easy to take them everywhere with me.

How much, where did you buy, and are they any good? 

They are great. I first saw them on a sports show. I then bought a pair on the internet.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

They are great. I first saw them on a sports show. I then bought a pair on the internet.

$99 online... that's mental. I'm really glad you like them mike... but I simply can't afford to spend that, especially since I have a habit of losing things after a few months... but if you want to send me a pair, I'll galdly do a write up about them   :thumbsup:   :lol:

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

$99 online... that's mental. I'm really glad you like them mike... but I simply can't afford to spend that, especially since I have a habit of losing things after a few months... but if you want to send me a pair, I'll galdly do a write up about them   :thumbsup:   :lol:

haha.....ok....I have had mine for about 6 years now :)....they last a long time. :)

crad
Posted
Posted

small fins cost between about GBP£15 and £25. I am considering investing in a pair myself. But even the small fins are too big, or at least too big for me to cart around everywhere. When you move quite a lot even the mask and snorkel is a bit of a nuisance, considering you only use them on maybe 10% of the days. But not nearly as much of a nuisance as even small fins would be. If I do get a pair of small fins I will put them in the balikbayan box. I would not take them on the plane with me. What if I decide to go to Baguio and Sagada for a couple of weeks when I first get there, which I am considering. It would be totally silly to bring a pair fins up there, even small ones.

fred
Posted
Posted

Personally,I wouldn't bother going out in Alona with a snorkel without fins as I like to explore  a bit deeper and the fins get me down where I wanna be. 10 meters give or take..

I have a pair of shinfins I use all the time. They are small, and fit easily into my daypack. As a result it is easy to take them everywhere with me.

How much, where did you buy, and are they any good? 

My mate who lives in Malaysia is a diver..He gave me a pair about 6 years ago for nothing so its all good!!

You can get  cheap fins,mask and snorkel from the dive supplier in BQ mall for about 2k last time I looked.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Just glad to see you're having a good time after the noise and food issues Sandwichmaker!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

haha. the food place I tried to put some effort into it after my first rant was dubbed "polite complaining" ;)  :dance:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
komments
Posted
Posted

I am hoping to do some snorkeling when I am in town.  My only previous experience is at Haunauma Bay in Hawaii.  Can gear be rented?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am hoping to do some snorkeling when I am in town.

:hystery:  hmmmmmmm Better in the Sea of course  post-2148-0-27725800-1413697377_thumb.jp    it's only good in Town,

After some Rain post-2148-0-74601900-1413697604_thumb.jp  

Sorry Sunday humour! whistling.gif

JPsurfing.gif

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3