What Are These Flies In My Room

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

Those look like the termites that have been swarming where I am. Their wings will fall off and they go to work on their new nest. 

Edited by jon1
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

They got into our house in the gap between the opened window and the closed screen.  There were thousands swarming outside and a few hundred managed to get in.  It took me an hour or so to kill all of them in the house with an electric swatter and manual swatter.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Posted Today, 12:00 PM Those look like the termites that have been swarming where I am. Their wings will fall off and they go to work on their new nest. 

Would indeed seem to be termites. .Apparently, they mate on the Wing then dispense with them to go to a nest as jon1 says.

They have I have just read a 90% mortality rate. so you should not have too many problems apart from the clearing up.

post-2148-0-51769700-1402988245_thumb.jp                post-2148-0-14336300-1402988272.jpg

A good Insect Spray, should do the trick

Termite X is good But don't inhale near it. ( A white liquid you mixed with water) Obtainable from Builders supplies.

Best of Luck

:tiphat:

brock
Posted
Posted

Get the cellophane that wraps a packet of cigarettes and tape it to your lightbulb, They fly in but cant fly out again, DIY Flycatcher.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

DIY Flycatcher.

FB01ZU0FQMXBJ5M.LARGE.jpg

Takes 2/3 mins to Cut and make up, Invaluable.

A piece of sticky tape to reduce the neck size and Hey-presto.

We just put a little sugar water in to attract them, then put near a light source if we can.

Worth a shot.

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

About 3 weeks ago was the first time I saw those little critters. Hundreds got in my apartment somewhere and were flying around the lights. I sprayed them with a can of Kwik and within a couple of minutes all of them were dead on the floor. About one week later it happened again.

Kwik comes in a blue can and is sold in Gasaino Super Markets. Its very effective on other flying insects too but doesn't have a strong smell. It kills ants and cockroaches too.

Edited by Americano

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

An old fashion, chemical free way to kill flying termites is a light bulb with a pan of water underneath. They are attracted to the light's reflection on the water and drown.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I sprayed them with a can of Kwik and within a couple of minutes all of them were dead on the floor.
Well. I prefer OTHER methods than chemicals if possible, specialy in countries as e g Phils and Thailand where they allow pesticides, which are FORBIDDEN in Europe...

For instance

/a German tourist died direct, and an other ended up in intensive care , by pesticide hotel used against bed bugs...

/Pesticides, used by a big Banana company, have made workers lost fertility and/or got cancer...

/Philippine mango banned in some countries, because of to much pesticides LEFT in the fruits, when they arrive to customers abroad...    The father of a Filipina I know, couldn't work anything in over a year and is still ill after using pesticides in a mango farm at Cebu island...

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I just bought a tennis racket w/batteries to play swat.  They all left, guess I take my racket and go.