Mortgage Info

Americano
Posted
Posted

Dave,

Looks very nice and clean. Where is it located?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Dave,

Looks very nice and clean. Where is it located?

Sibulan, next door to Dumaguete

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Me and my wife are moving back to Cebu from Australia
How soon from now do you plan to buy house?

As others have said, interests are normaly very high in Phils,

BUT there are a few exceptions.

Here is a rather common one, but demands membership in (2 ?) years and don't give loans to house placed rural:

Pag-Ibig is a save-lending where you save some before you are allowed to get loan. Such fee is OBLIGATORIC for employed in Phils - when employer follow the law...      I believe ANYONE can join volontaringly too.

Some subdivision house developers have prepared such loans.

I believe the interest was 6.5 % when I checked a while ago.   High for a house loan in our home countries, but very cheap for being the Philippines.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Has anyone here ever got a loan from their own country to purchase in the Philippines?

Yes, of course I would not recommend it unless speaking from experience, but you don't tell the bank (or in my case credit card company) all the details.  They are happy to think I am still residing in Canada and I don't have to tell them what the loan is for.  We move in sometime in September.  Because the prices here are less than in your home country then you just need to get a personal loan and don't confuse the bank by trying to tell them its a mortgage.  

If they don't ask what the money is for then its their fault for not asking or maybe it doesn't matter as long as you pay it back as required.

They don't bother normaly   (SOME   :mocking:   bother to check your paying back capacity...)

But I suppouse no collateral loans have much higher interest in your home countries too.  But can still less than the common loans in Phils  (except perhaps Pag-Ibig, so if you think of buying in a CITY, and are not in a hurry, I recomend you to check if you can use that.)  

Sad for me   :)  I will build rural, so I can't get Pag-Ibig   :boohoo:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If you were able to qualify for Pagibig you would find the rates similar to or higher than rates advertised by Philippine banks.  Easy enough to check by going to this site:

http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/phmp/calc.aspx

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you were able to qualify for Pagibig you would find the rates similar to or higher than rates advertised by Philippine banks.  Easy enough to check by going to this site:

http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/phmp/calc.aspx

Yes, but isn't it hard to get Filipin BANK loans?

• Like 1