How To Own Real Estate Property In Rp

Thomas
Posted
Posted
My wife & I will build on our property once I retire but I wouldn't suggest it for most guys. The main reason why I wouldn't suggest doing so is because you cannot own it. The property will be in your wife's name so if you were to split up you'll have no rights.

Well. Better SPLIT land and house into two different properties, because then can the whole  house be in foreigners name, With king time LEASE of the land in foreeigners name too.

Yes it's possible to have the land in joint names, he showed me a title where this was done, stated the name and Americam citizen on the title plus a U.S. address.

Well. Such make the foreigner can INHERIT the land if the Filipina die first,

BUT then the foreigner has to SELL it.

But the big advantage is, then he has CONTROL over the land, because he can make a condition he can lease it long time.

I opted out of this as do not want make complications for my GF upon my demise.
(I DON'T talk about your case, but in general.)

Yes. But of safety reasons it can be better to not make it to easy     :mocking:      Better be worth more for the Filipin family alive than dead. At least make them BELIEVE so. (=Can let some attorney tell them the simple transfer truth AFTER foreigner died a NATURAL death, or the family-in-law isn't involved in an unnatural death.)

RBM
Posted
Posted

My wife & I will build on our property once I retire but I wouldn't suggest it for most guys. The main reason why I wouldn't suggest doing so is because you cannot own it. The property will be in your wife's name so if you were to split up you'll have no rights.

Well. Better SPLIT land and house into two different properties, because then can the whole  house be in foreigners name, With king time LEASE of the land in foreeigners name too.

Yes it's possible to have the land in joint names, he showed me a title where this was done, stated the name and Americam citizen on the title plus a U.S. address.

Well. Such make the foreigner can INHERIT the land if the Filipina die first,

BUT then the foreigner has to SELL it.

But the big advantage is, then he has CONTROL over the land, because he can make a condition he can lease it long time.

I opted out of this as do not want make complications for my GF upon my demise.
(I DON'T talk about your case, but in general.)

Yes. But of safety reasons it can be better to not make it to easy     :mocking:      Better be worth more for the Filipin family alive than dead. At least make them BELIEVE so. (=Can let some attorney tell them the simple transfer truth AFTER foreigner died a NATURAL death, or the family-in-law isn't involved in an unnatural death.)

I agree with your comments. How ever every situation is unique, one really has to look at each situation on its own merits.

To make a generalization  that as Foreigners we have no rights is not always  the case. 

If married one can legally have their name on the title, this as I understand makes selling of the land next to impossible without your signature.  As I posted my case its a GF so I did not proceed as my earlier expected demise would make complications for her later if she choose to sell.

The 25 year lease if annotated on the title also protects one. How ever the owner must be a registered trader with the BIR and there are many other requirements to have it as bullet proof as possible. 

For my situation I choose perpetual power of attorney as its simple and cost effective. It would be difficult to over turn but probably not impossible. 

The saying of worth more dead than alive I believe would very rarely apply, any person whom takes this view would need to have a good look inwards. if involving with these sorts of people.......... why have any financial dealings....

I totally agree stay distant from the family, its often a cause for problems, Examine your situation carefully, if you have serious doubts why proceed....Just rent 

Again I believe regardless of business or house purchase do not involve have more than 35% of total assets here.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For my situation I choose perpetual power of attorney as its simple and cost effective. It would be difficult to over turn but probably not impossible.
What's that?
The saying of worth more dead than alive I believe would very rarely apply, any person whom takes this view would need to have a good look inwards. if involving with these sorts of people.......... why have any financial dealings.... I totally agree stay distant from the family, its often a cause for problems, Examine your situation carefully, if you have serious doubts why proceed....Just rent
I read somewhere about an expat, who's wife and closest family are at HIS side, BUT the Filipin fanily has a very greedy and powerful AUNT, who the good ones are scared of.  So it can be hard to avoid even if checking the closest family-in-law proper. So better be worth more for them alive than dead ECONOMICAL too    :)

Sure. Better rent IF there are suiting objects  

((but in my case such are very hard to find, because I have several uncommon "demands" of location, mainly concerning having far to closest neighbour, but still have good enough road and Internet access, so I believe I will have to build  :unsure:

I found one in 20 sqm size, but I want space for my feet INSIDE the house when sleeping  :mocking:

RBM
Posted
Posted

What's that?

The saying of worth more dead than alive I believe would very rarely apply, any person whom takes this view would need to have a good look inwards. if involving with these sorts of people.......... why have any financial dealings.... I totally agree stay distant from the family, its often a cause for problems, Examine your situation carefully, if you have serious doubts why proceed....Just rent
I read somewhere about an expat, who's wife and closest family are at HIS side, BUT the Filipin fanily has a very greedy and powerful AUNT, who the good ones are scared of.  So it can be hard to avoid even if checking the closest family-in-law proper. So better be worth more for them alive than dead ECONOMICAL too    :)

Sure. Better rent IF there are suiting objects  

((but in my case such are very hard to find, because I have several uncommon "demands" of location, mainly concerning having far to closest neighbour, but still have good enough road and Internet access, so I believe I will have to build  :unsure:

I found one in 20 sqm size, but I want space for my feet INSIDE the house when sleeping  :mocking:

In other or perhaps better words its irrevocable power of attorney over the land. This will be anointed on the title which will be held by myself.

As I have previously posted, in my opinion there is no absolute...... meaning if your wife...GF...really turn against one we have no chance. Apart from the complexities of the  legalities of the situations, we can put ourselves in the situation of physical harm. Therefore I believe its prudent to limit ones total investment.

Situations have and do change, we must never underestimate the power of he Lolas and Lolos. Fortunately this does not apply in my case.

Sorry I will not go into  discussion of.... worth more dead than alive, I previously made my point.

My goodness 20 square meters are you serious....My ex condo in Cebu was 34 and considered tiny......., If silence is what your seeking i wish you well but would not hold my breath her. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My goodness 20 square meters are you serious

That is the size of a hotel room, and the size of the apartment size townhouse I just bought.  Fortunately my townhouse has another 20 sq meters upstairs as well.  Places to live in this country can get extremely small and that is helpful to those who really want to live on a miniscule budget and can make good use of space.  I find that 20 meters up and 20 meters down is enough to function but there is zero storage space beyond 'under the bed'

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
In other or perhaps better words its irrevocable power of attorney over the land. This will be anointed on the title which will be held by myself.
Can you have the title with ONLY you as owner by that???
As I have previously posted, in my opinion there is no absolute...... meaning if your wife...GF...really turn against one we have no chance. Apart from the complexities of the legalities of the situations, we can put ourselves in the situation of physical harm. Therefore I believe its prudent to limit ones total investment.
Yes, sure.

But it's possible to avoid making it EXTREEMLY EASY to steal our investments. Ir's by the FOREIGNER MADE easy for the Filipinas, when ALL are put in only gf/wif'e name  :mocking:  as several expats have done...  

If they understand it will be hard for them to get the property even if the foreigner die/leave, then I suppouse it will be less unsafe for the foreigner   :dance:  

My goodness 20 square meters are you serious....My ex condo in Cebu was 34 and considered tiny.......,
  Yes, that one os very tiny. But compared to 34 sqm CONDO, is 20 sqm RURAL MORE in reality (when the weather is OK) because the rural ones have much space OUTSIDE.  (The example I talk about has 2 verandas and 2 BIG terrasses.) 
If silence is what your seeking i wish you well but would not hold my breath her.
I aim at settle far enough from roosters too   :)      

Even a small forest in between can reduce noise much. But I need to check where the extra noisy WILD animals are, so I can avoid them enough.  And if I plant forest to cover, it better be types noisy animals don't like to be in  :)

earthdome
Posted
Posted
But I need to check where the extra noisy WILD animals are, so I can avoid them enough.  And if I plant forest to cover, it better be types noisy animals don't like to be in 

What noisy wild animals? The only noisy wild animal I have heard in the Philippines are the frogs in Palawan that are so loud it sounds like a herd of cattle.

RBM
Posted
Posted

As far as I am aware NO and even if some ROD complied and it was challenged in court you have no chance.

Perhaps if your unsure of your relationship it may be safer to rent, or a long term lease. 

For an opinion on irrevocable power of attorney I suggest you seek legal advice, maybe 2----3 attorneys.

Noise is part of the Philippines, pretty much impossible to escape. Best you accept this.

Just yesterday we were in the mountains at a lovely little resto, TV blaring, radio screaming, one must tune out!!!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

As far as I am aware NO and even if some ROD complied and it was challenged in court you have no chance.

I thought so too. What dud you mean with the following then?  How can YOU hold the TITLE???

Perhaps if your unsure of your relationship it may be safer to rent, or a long term lease.
For me

/it's almost no suiting objects to RENT, because I want to live far from neighbours, but in a better quality house than the common there bamboo or nipa huts.

/but Yes I plan to long term LEASE the land, but own the house myself.

Noise is part of the Philippines, pretty much impossible to escape. Best you accept this. Just yesterday we were in the mountains at a lovely little resto, TV blaring, radio screaming, one must tune out!!!
Well. I accept it ELSEWHERE than where I live   :)   That's why I plan to settle far enough from neighbours, Forests and hills in between can reduce the sound, which reduce the needed minimum distance.

But I need to check where the extra noisy WILD animals are, so I can avoid them enough.  And if I plant forest to cover, it better be types noisy animals don't like to be in 

What noisy wild animals? The only noisy wild animal I have heard in the Philippines are the frogs in Palawan that are so loud it sounds like a herd of cattle.

I haven't HEARED any myself

but I have heared OF a few   :)

Someone told about a big group of annoying monkeys, who disturb the neighbourhood outside their home national park. (Olongapo?)

Someone had problem with crickets. (I don't remember where at all.)

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
  Thomas, on 06 Dec 2014 - 06:40 AM, said: But I need to check where the extra noisy WILD animals are, so I can avoid them enough.  And if I plant forest to cover, it better be types noisy animals don't like to be in    What noisy wild animals? The only noisy wild animal I have heard in the Philippines are the frogs in Palawan that are so loud it sounds like a herd of cattle. I haven't HEARED any myself but I have heared OF a few   Someone told about a big group of annoying monkeys, who disturb the neighbourhood outside their home national park. (Olongapo?) Someone had problem with crickets. (I don't remember where at all.) Like This
For a moment I thought you got the room next to ours, whew, Fe and I get carried away at times/
  • Like 1