Heavy Rains Expected As ‘Glenda’ Enters Ph

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just finally getting back to normal here. In Binictican, we had no power for 36 hours. A large section of the main feeder line was taken out (400m of line right up to Brent International School on the main thoroughfare (Binictican Dr) (img 4147)). We had a lot of trees down in the subdivision (almost every street had limbs or trees down). Easy St was a zigzag of dodging trees to get out around the power line down in front of Brent. Maybe all of this damage will get SBMA to relook their policy on trees being allowed to be cut down?? The wind damage was just from a 2-3 hour period of intermittent gusts. The Freeport sure dodged a bullet this time. Things could have been much worse should the storm had taken the original path (the Eye was supposed to pass directly over Manila then Subic Bay). 

great pics!

There are still lines down between Binictican and Cubi and the Freeport has their hands full cleaning up the branches and roads. The road sweeping crews were out yesterday in the rain clearing small debris and most of the streets in Binictican are clean now (from residents and road crews). 

The next big thing will be disposal of all of the down limbs. Most are of the softwood variety that have little (if any) value. 

Another storm is forming just off Guam and is currently forecast to head for Taiwan and the Ryukyus. I hope it stays on that course or even more Northeasterly.

great Pics!

Edited by Medic Mike

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

as 1 member stated , the NCR,metro manila area avoided the most damaging part of this storm,

Next time will we be so lucky?

here in sta rosa . we lost power about 3am, it was restored in stages . the western area paseo., (the area of artists) was connected about 6.55pm

while other areas was restored in stages,

althou my house in this part of the subdivision was not connected til 4pm(36-37hrs) the next day

thou 150meters away they had power by 9pm(18hrs)

many trees was uprooted here and most of them was Shallow rooted has anyone else noticed that?

water was off and managed to only save about 8. 1.5 l  & 2 -2 liter bottles of water, :thumbsup:

which if used properly can actually bath 4 ppl .

my children slept pretty soundly during the storm,

thou the oldest could feel the "pressure"differences of the wind.

No leakage or "flooding" this time. BUT THE NEXT storm..... :89: :89:

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted
many trees was uprooted here and most of them was Shallow rooted has anyone else noticed that?

Yes as was the same here. The one that went down in front of OnMyWay's house (taking out the power) was like that. The tree was about 3ft in diameter and top root system of about triple that. I think the trees are like that for adapting to poor soil to gather as much nutrients from the top of soil (leaf, decaying plant matter, etc.). I have also noticed that the Australian Pines tend to break off about 30ft up on the mature ones (18 Inches + in diameter).

• Like 1