Expats Who Quit Working And Moved To Philippines, What....

RBM
Posted
Posted

It takes money to live. Most folks work in order to provide for their needs. Some Expats have found a way to quit the 9 to 5 and move to Philippines sooner than later.

How did you come to the decision to quit working and move thousands of miles to live?

Very few people wake up every day thinking Oh how nice now I can go to work. Clearly guys that made the move had few or no obligations or responsibility's and at least a modest amount of ready cash.

Your financial situation is not important clearly those that move have enough to survive. It would be interesting to know in what way or for what reason you decided to make the move.

Great and an  interesting thread old 55.

In my case first and foremost was my love of diving and being able to earn a little in this field. Kicking in as well was the wonderful warm weather, even more important today as the body is telling me on every visit abroad.

I would be a liar not to admit the ease of dating with stunning Filipinas considerable younger than myself being also an added bonus....This continues right into my maturing years as it does for so many expats. 

Visayas has been frequently named as the motor cycle paradise of Asia, I would tend to agree. Some of the minor roads here are spectacular and the warmth and friendliness of the people at times is over whelming, many a time I have been helped out with no suggestion of expectations.  Sadly this has not been the case in the cities, guess pretty much world wide.

Hiking also once out of the cities is amazing....be it  tad hot.....when  meeting some of the locals this way its just wonderful, so much hospitality.

• Like 4