Any Recommendation For A Good Cebuano Language School In Cebu?

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

If you need more details like you are asking, it's kind of got a nice flow to it. The most basic words, followed by the most basic situations (with audio too) followed by more complex words and more complex situations with nouns/verbs, etc, peppered in along the way. It also takes into account the little tricks and nuances that locals tend to use (proper way, and informal ways), so it's been pretty cool for me so far. My wife is getting used to hearing me say things that start with ng-I never can get that down!!! (try saying ngumiti-means smile)-Oh man!!

The best part about taking the course (or any for that matter) is that once you get about 40% of it down, you can begin to really have fun talking with your asawa and that in itself really allows you to gain steam and it can be fun. I'm heading out there (my soon to be new home) on my annual vacation (Negros & Mindanau) and can't wait to hit the wet markets.

I gotta get off this treadmill and enjoy the fruits of my labor like the rest of you gentlemen.

• Like 2

Twobitgeno
Posted
Posted

I found a school and start a basic cebuano/bisayan class there September 9th.  I will let you guys know if its' any good.  North American language Academy (NALA) on Juan Luna Avenue in Cebu City.

Geno

• Like 4

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I found a school and start a basic cebuano/bisayan class there September 9th.  I will let you guys know if its' any good.  North American language Academy (NALA) on Juan Luna Avenue in Cebu City.

Geno

How much is it

Twobitgeno
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the slow response SJP, I check this site rarely.... The course is 4,900 pesos for ten lessons.  Lessons are Tuesdays and Thursdays for five weeks (hour and a half each.)  Easy to find them on Facebook.