No Appearance Marrige

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The clerks here in Iloilo have set themselves up as a sort of "fixer".  My wife did all the talking so I was not involved in anything but the payment.  All I had to provide was my Affidavit in Lieu of Legal Capacity, a copy of my divorce decree, and my passport.  All she had to provide was her birth certificate.

They did all the paperwork (cenomar etc) but we both still had to appear before the judge to get married.  Legal marriage but questionable practices by the clerks.  Welcome to the Philippines...    :tiphat:

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The Philippines, like other former Spanish colonies, operates on the assumption that any document is probably a fake.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The clerks here in Iloilo have set themselves up as a sort of "fixer".

I can't get my head around this. Fixer, How?  You have to apply in Person for your Marriage License,

Apply in person for your marriage Contract at the Halls of justice.

Sign joint Affidavits of Legal capacity, the filipino spouses, Taxes Paid and Proof of Identity, all at Halls of justice.( Even though you have Cenoma and CNI) and Hey! Who goes to the seminar? or is that Fixed too?

All this, would cost  a lot, of Cross my Palm money, to get around. [ I just don't think it possible, too many people are involved with a marriage.

At the end of the day for what? a Bogus marriage?  (come on, we all know what is involved in getting married)

NAH! can't see it and Anyone trying it is a damn Fool.

Next, we will be hearing about a special DIVORCE.

Yep and there are some, that will believe that too.

:tiphat:  Late one but Morning all  :morning1: JP

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

There is no seminar if you are both over 25. 

The clerks made it clear that the paperwork is long & complicated (I think complicated by them ha ha).   They just overcharge to do all the paperwork for you.  Still all done legally... just a bit unethical of the clerks.  My wife said not to argue, so I let her pay what she wanted.  We still appeared before the judge and got married legally.  They just have set up their own "expeditor fee" I suppose.

As for the non appearance marriage - I have not heard of that here.  Either a marriage by proxy, or just not a legal marriage.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
There is no seminar if you are both over 25. 

I was 60, my wife to be was 45. Another Fix? Sorry, I don't buy all this, Dumaguete, gets a Bad press on many things but at least here, Things like this, are above board.

They do not welcome any Fixing 

JP :no:  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

As I said right at the start I have said no or I said if I was willing to marry I was willing to appear.  The reason I put it on here was because it is an interesting concept.  It seem to be the preferred system here as 5 couples here have had that type of marriage.  Maybe the judges just can't be bothered with the fuss.  Having said that I would still have to do all the legal stuff and have all the correct documents in order.  The only difference is that there is no appearance before the judge who signs the marriage certificate.   The reason it was offered was because the courts are closed for nearly a month in December January.     I won't get wed anyway as by then I would probably need to prove my financial capability which I will not do 

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

As for any situation such as above on this forum, we do not recommend that you do anything illegal.  

Bob,

I support what you are saying 100%. Its illegal to get a fake marriage so you could go to jail and it costs more getting married illegal than the legal way so why would anyone want to do it in the first place?  Maybe criminally minded people think that way so they should be watched closely for what other illegal activities they are involved in.

So you are bloody implying I'm a criminal now.  As I said I was offered it and turned it down.  However runs this forum delete my name I will not be labelled a criminal by anyone.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Malcolm, I don't think anyone is implying that. From my reading you brought it up hypothetically; for the purpose of discussion, nothing more. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding about that. Time to close it I think.

• Like 2